getting suspension back to stock settings

I had George at ESP do my suspension about 3 years ago. That was when I just came off my xr400. I guess I got a little faster and now it seems too plush for me, especially in the whooped out dez riding. Anyone had to go back to stiffer settings? Is it gonna run me again about 7 bills to bring it back to stock/stiffer settings? Yeah... yeah... I need to give the old George a call to find out for sure.

Anyway... good to see all the good guys on here:ride:

James

Staff member
When was the last time it was serviced? If you do need a re-valve check out Weisner Suspension Service (269-657-3717), he did mine for $300. :thumb:

Welcome Marty. :cheers:

If all you need are stiffer springs it should only cost a few hundred.

Have you tried to stiffen it up by adjusting the clickers? If you are still the same weight as you were when he did it the springs should be fine, sounds like it just needs to be "played" with a little.

oh, thanks for the reminder! I need to add some clicks to my shock tonight!!!
Welcome Marty. :cheers:

If all you need are stiffer springs it should only cost a few hundred.

Have you tried to stiffen it up by adjusting the clickers? If you are still the same weight as you were when he did it the springs should be fine, sounds like it just needs to be "played" with a little.

Picture1-1.png

Last time I rode the bike I had it set to stiffest setting, perhaps its time to overhaul the suspenion, after all the hour clock does indicate 192 hours:shocked:

You're beyond 2 clicks...:P

Last time I rode the bike I had it set to stiffest setting, perhaps its time to overhaul the suspenion, after all the hour clock does indicate 192 hours:shocked:

3 years and 192 hours - Time for a full service. If your spring is set for your weight 3 years ago and you're still at that weight, then you most likely will not need a new spring. Better do the fronts as well....