Getting a race bike

YZ has a better power band for trail work. The CR has more power off the bottom and handles better on mx tracks. YZ tracks better for trail riding.

YZ has a better power band for trail work. The CR has more power off the bottom and handles better on mx tracks. YZ tracks better for trail riding.

Ive always rode honda, from my first little 50 to my bike i got now, but then again its always nice to experience every side. I like how the YZ sounds too and they look really nice.

More power, bigger engine and aftermarket gizmos won't really make one bike better over the other..... You have to feel comfortable on the bike so choose ergonomics over color and you'll do fine.... 4t or 2t

If you are going to do track and trails, get the YZ.
I agree and so will Palmer.

The YZ is the most versatile bike out there. Not only that but 99% of 2002-2014 are interchangeable with each other, they are still making the bike today, unlike others that have come and gone. If you have the money, drop it on a euro bike, KTM, Beta, gas gas, Husaberg, Husqvarna all really good bikes as well. I would just pencil it out and see 2T vrs 4T in your favor. I have a 230 also, did the CR80 fork conversion and a Works in the rear, this bike is still a slow pig, but fun to trail ride. It is now my 19yo daughters.

I like Honda and Yamaha two stroke 250's. Honda quit makings my favorite engines when they brought out the 2002. Yamaha still makes an even better one. The engines from 1999 to now have a great deal if interchangeability. Both are good places to start. Are there shops near you?

Last edited:
I like Honda and Yamaha two stroke 250's. Honda quit makings my favorite engines when they brought out the 2002. Yamaha still makes an even better one. The engines from 1999 to now have a great deal if interchangeability. Both are good places to start. Are there shops near you?

yeah theres a few shops about 2 hours away. my uncle knows lots about fixing them so i can do all stuff at his house too, just order parts in and we can do it. If i did get a racebike it would be used and most likely a private sale like craigslist or kijiji