250F Gettin pissed off

You totally ignored all the other questions I ask! FYI: Being able to turn it over by hand may be the indication od valves not sealing due to being shimmed incorrectly, being bent or the cam timing being off.

Paw Paw
Not Very good reading comprehension or he doesn't like answering questions as much as asking new and repete ones.

If you can easily kick it over by hand then you need a new piston anyway so man up buy a piston and get the valves sorted and go enjoy your bike while you own it!

You totally ignored all the other questions I ask! FYI: Being able to turn it over by hand may be the indication od valves not sealing due to being shimmed incorrectly, being bent or the cam timing being off.

Paw Paw

Paw Paw had some valid questions, it would be wise to check the basic condition of the engine first, check compression and when you find its low as I expect you will, perform a cylinder leak down test preferably with a leak down gauge that shows you the percentage of cylinder leakage, however you can just pump shop air into the cylinder and see where it blows out also....thru the crank case, rings....thru the exhaust or intake, valves either out of time, misadjusted, bent or just a bad seat or valve face. Take the time to do a couple basic tests and it will point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
I think you are going to need a little more than that now though. Maybe arm yourself with some basics on what actually happens as the engine rotates and the cam is opening and closing the valves as the piston goes up and down.

I think you are going to need a little more than that now though. Maybe arm yourself with some basics on what actually happens as the engine rotates and the cam is opening and closing the valves as the piston goes up and down.
If my valves werent shimmed enough would that make it not run?

The first thing to do is check for clearance in any case. If you knew what your valves were set at to begin with it would make it really easy to know if you have bent valves or not. Easiest way I know is to see if your clearances grew. after that a flashlight works for me. (after making sure you have valve clearance on all 5 you can shine a light into the sparkplug hole and then look at the intake and exhaust to see if you have any light coming through.) obviously that method works best in a dark setting. Seems like some work in the dark a lot.

The first thing to do is check for clearance in any case. If you knew what your valves were set at to begin with it would make it really easy to know if you have bent valves or not. Easiest way I know is to see if your clearances grew. after that a flashlight works for me. (after making sure you have valve clearance on all 5 you can shine a light into the sparkplug hole and then look at the intake and exhaust to see if you have any light coming through.) obviously that method works best in a dark setting. Seems like some work in the dark a lot.
Okay ill check it out. Wont be for a few days because i dont have tools anymore and i got a sled at the school shop that i gotta get out first