450F General wear and tear... need to know what to look for

hey guys i was wanting to get my bike ready for the TDay ride and was wondering what all i should look for on my bike... i've never taken it apart to lube anything so i'm thinking wheel bearings and the linkage, not sure about chain and sprockets or other stuff. it's on my 07 WR450 and i've got close to 3,000 miles on it...

Well T-Day is only a few weeks away and if you are running in the Dunes a lot like I think you are, you should def take the rear linkage apart. I rode my quad (yes I said quad) in the dunes maybe 3 times and when I took the suspension off before last season started, My linkage in the rear was not very smooth. I took it all apart and had sand everywhere. Cleaned it all up and re-greased. Works like brand new now.

You should probably check the valves as well since sand riding in harder on the motor then trail riding.

James

Staff member
If you still have your manual I'd take a look inside as they generally have a maintenance schedule which will give you an idea on where to start. If not I attached the one from my kx250f which should at least give you a general idea.

Attachments

• Periodic-Maintenance-Chart.jpg
    Periodic-Maintenance-Chart.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 67
hey guys i was wanting to get my bike ready for the TDay ride and was wondering what all i should look for on my bike... i've never taken it apart to lube anything so i'm thinking wheel bearings and the linkage, not sure about chain and sprockets or other stuff. it's on my 07 WR450 and i've got close to 3,000 miles on it...

No need to take it apart...wait til it gets old like mine and it lubes itself....:smirk: :smirk: :smirk: