250 Gearing for yz250

We all (that includes me :smirk:) like to blame the bike and bike setup for most of our issues. :lol: While in reality it's usually us the rider that's the problem.

Go watch the guys that are hitting (clearing) it and look at their line in/out of the corner. Also go find a couple of them and ask for tips on how to hit that section, majority will gladly help you. :thumb:

thanks for the advice! im thinking about getting a 51 now with everyones input, think it would help me drive out of the corners better. and the only thing that sucks is no one with a 2 stroke hits it except those little kids on the 65s in 3rd gear and they take wicked lines. guess ill just video it and see what im doing wrong:)

I'm with CDA on this one.... up a tooth on the rear and work on your corner speed.
The track looks sandy and sand will rob you of power and speed especially in the corners. Learn to carry speed through the corner and power through it if it is really loose sand. Its a 2T so don't be afraid to let that motor hum in the 7000 rpm range in the corners as it needs the rpm to produce power and torque... Thats how the 65's are doing that double..

James

Staff member
thanks for the advice! im thinking about getting a 51 now with everyones input, think it would help me drive out of the corners better. and the only thing that sucks is no one with a 2 stroke hits it except those little kids on the 65s in 3rd gear and they take wicked lines. guess ill just video it and see what im doing wrong:)
So watch the 4 stroke guys and try their lines. :thumb: