Husaberg Fuel Pump Failures

Has anyone had a fuel pump go bad yet. Mine did at 70 hours and got stuck paying for a $350.00 fuel pump and had to install myself. I have been hearing that it is being covered by Berg by most people I have talked to, and was talking to another Berg owner at the last Hare Scramble and his was acting up. I have been fighting the overheating problem since I bought the FE 390 last fall and have had 4 failed races because of this and now it cost me money.

Rez is the only other Berg guy I know. His failed and he got towed back to camp. 3 brothers put a new one in because it was under warranty. I hear they have fixed the problem with the replacement but he hardly rides that bad boy, (I need to talk to him or just pick up the bike and ride it myself:P ) he also picked up the extended warranty they offered on purchase so he id good for quite a few years. Rez, chime in when you get to work in the morning ok? When we going to lunch again, my treat...?? :thumb:

Rez is the only other Berg guy I know. His failed and he got towed back to camp. 3 brothers put a new one in because it was under warranty. I hear they have fixed the problem with the replacement but he hardly rides that bad boy, (I need to talk to him or just pick up the bike and ride it myself:P ) he also picked up the extended warranty they offered on purchase so he id good for quite a few years. Rez, chime in when you get to work in the morning ok? When we going to lunch again, my treat...?? :thumb:

Let's see... there's one other Berg owner on here ... Rack's buddy I think??? Haven't heard about any issues he's had however I have the fuel pump problem and the factory replaced it at no charge. being one of or the only buyer of a Berg from 3 Bros (new dealer for this brand) they weren't too aware of the problem.

IN your case OMDave, might want to look into it since I believe it IS a factory flaw... As for the fix, they SAY it's good to go... yes it runs but I haven't put any hours on it to really test it. We'll find out this coming fall.

I learned of many others having this issue on the "unofficial Husaberg forum" (actual name), check it out..... they've dedicated an entire thread to this topic.

Good Luck

WTF? You guys hang out together for lunch as well as bash each other on the forum? :noidea:

Look out big boy! You can have me anytime! :kissass:
Yeah, it's a love hate thing... I love to have Palmer..... :smirk: ... J/K :hifive: I'll give you a high five but ... no :hug: ... :poke:

WTF? You guys hang out together for lunch as well as bash each other on the forum? :noidea:

Dave, you are welcome to join us anytime. In fact I'll buy this round as well, if you join us. :argue: DBA is where we talk shit and lie about things, Lunch is where we talk about life, kids, wives, bikes, trips, and have a good laugh about all you dip shits that think we would like to kill each other. :busted:

Dave, you are welcome to join us anytime. In fact I'll buy this round as well, if you join us. :argue: DBA is where we talk shit and lie about things, Lunch is where we talk about life, kids, wives, bikes, trips, and have a good laugh about all you dip shits that think we would like to kill each other. :busted:

:lol: ... no seriously, I would...... :cool: ...... :smirk:

Has anyone had a fuel pump go bad yet. Mine did at 70 hours and got stuck paying for a $350.00 fuel pump and had to install myself. I have been hearing that it is being covered by Berg by most people I have talked to, and was talking to another Berg owner at the last Hare Scramble and his was acting up. I have been fighting the overheating problem since I bought the FE 390 last fall and have had 4 failed races because of this and now it cost me money.

i have a 2011 fe570 i bought new,the fuel pump failed at 75 miles on it.it was replaced under warranty with a revised pump.I enjoy this bike,i did install the cooling fan kit to control the overheating.

i have a 2011 fe570 i bought new,the fuel pump failed at 75 miles on it.it was replaced under warranty with a revised pump.I enjoy this bike,i did install the cooling fan kit to control the overheating.

I flushed antifreeze\ and installed Evans coolant, Cooling fan wired with a relay to run when bike starts and off when bike is not running, by passing temp sending unit and titanium pipe heat wrap and FMF pipe and tank heat shield. (Seeing that the pipe winds inside the frame and centimeters away from the tank where the fuel pump is.)
I race Southern MO Hare Scrambles Hillbilly Grand Prix in the winter on the famous SPUD CUT trails that are tight technical woods, Creek runs and off camber hill climbs and paths in the tree's that I have tagged around 75 tree's with the bars passing through, and in the summer the Kansas FMHS and MORE Racing Hare Scrambles in 100 degree heat sometimes.
I also installed the grip warmers for the 20 deggree race days and ovesize battery.

Mine failed close to 150... I HAD the fan unit on mine already..... maybe that's why I got the extra 75 miles..... DOH! :crazy:

I knew that. I was just doing as you say we do, talking shit. :poke: