250 fuel in magnito?

started up the yz today and noticed very small bubbles/liquid coming out from where the electrical wires go into the magnito cover... pulled it open and it was almost completely full of gas and premix, didnt seem that old but my question is, should there be gas in there? is that bad, because a friend is saying its very bad. also i ran the bike without the cover on for just a minute and couldnt notice gas leakage... i did however notice white build up on the magnito itself and couldnt scrape it off.
any advice would be great!

well heres what happend. bike sat for about 2 or three weeks and i accidentally left the fuel on... tried starting it and it was fouling plugs. cleaned the carb, and finally got the bike started and it sounded rough!!! let it run for a minute and went back to normal, ive checked it once so far and no fuel has gotten back in... im puzzled. and no fuel was in the bottom end, made sure to check that!

Andrew, have you checked your Graffix? Just to be safe, I'd put some sikk graphics on that bike. Just to be safe and all that...:thumb: (Oh, and you're welcome for this informative post)
maybe thats my problem! found out ceet discontinued the current graphics i have on :foul:any recomendations? i want some good looking graphics

well heres what happend. bike sat for about 2 or three weeks and i accidentally left the fuel on... tried starting it and it was fouling plugs. cleaned the carb, and finally got the bike started and it sounded rough!!! let it run for a minute and went back to normal, ive checked it once so far and no fuel has gotten back in... im puzzled. and no fuel was in the bottom end, made sure to check that!

Keep a check on both sides of the crank case. If you got fuel in the magneto I'm willing you bet you are going to have a crankseal issue :(

Does the bike seem to run well?

Keep a check on both sides of the crank case. If you got fuel in the magneto I'm willing you bet you are going to have a crankseal issue :(

Does the bike seem to run well?
no more fuel in the magneto, been checking it alot, bike runs good! have about 25 hours on this top end, bike is a 1994 and as far as i know, the bottom end is untouched since it rolled out of the factory 18 years ago... pretty hard to change out the seals?

no more fuel in the magneto, been checking it alot, bike runs good! have about 25 hours on this top end, bike is a 1994 and as far as i know, the bottom end is untouched since it rolled out of the factory 18 years ago... pretty hard to change out the seals?
Flywheel side, you will need a flywheel puller, 10 bucks and a new gasket if you rip the old one pulling off the cover. the Clutch side is a little more work but still not hard.
Yes, What he said. Neither are too much work. Magneto side is a breeze. If you don't have a magneto puller its a good investment. Many bikes take the same. And will save you the :wallbash:

fouled plug after fouled plug im tired of it, when i pull a plug its almost black and dripping... ive been reading around and it seems the best method is the screw and plier method, what do you guys think? ive never worked on a bottom end before but it looks somewhat straight foward...