250F Front Suspension (Forks) Are Super Stiff

James

Staff member
So the other day I finally went over the bike and fixed everything from the :cripple:. Everything's good, she fired right up and nothing was really messed up minus the front wheel getting cocked sideways, plastics ALL scuffed up, and the sub-frame might have gotten bent a tad more.

Ok back to the forks, the front wheel was probably turned a good 3-4 inchs to the right (looking head on). So I disassembled the whole front end; wheel, brake, suspension, and then put it all back together. Everything lined up nice, so I torqued everything down. After everything was back together I hopped on to try it out. The rear shock sank right away, but the front didn't budge, so I put all my weight up front. It finally "gave" and went down, something's not right, so I try it again. Same thing, it seemed to grab onto something at the top. I think to myself, maybe I made the bottom bolts on the triple clamp to tight and it's binding up. Nope that didn't work, still does the same thing.:foul:

I'm not really "filled in" on the inner workings of the front suspension, any ideas on what I should be looking for?

loosen up the 4 bolts that wrap around the axle,,,get on bike and then squeeze front brake and push down hard a few times. Then retighting the bolts.

James

Staff member
loosen up the 4 bolts that wrap around the axle,,,get on bike and then squeeze front brake and push down hard a few times. Then retighting the bolts.
:thumb: That seemed to fix it. Now all I need is my new helmet (ordered today) and the ok from the Doc, see him on Oct. 4th. :banana: Damn I can't wait. :cry: