450F Front sprocket wont come off

I got the new set up on today. 14 front and 50 rear from a 13 front and 52 rear. It's a Renthal twin ring, steel teeth aluminum core. It's pretty light compared to a steel sprocket, and it looks damn good haha.

temporary_zps1d622b52.jpg

I sprayed some liquid wrench that I dug up out of my chemical cabinet on it and let it sit over night. I hit it with the impact this morning and nothing happened, got pissed and went to work angry. went home for lunch and said ":f: it im going caveman on this bitch" picked up a good size cheater bar with my wrench and just put the torque on it.... Long story short I got it off :thumb: thanks for all the help!

temporary_zps525ed5a2.jpg

I got the new set up on today. 14 front and 50 rear from a 13 front and 52 rear. It's a Renthal twin ring, steel teeth aluminum core. It's pretty light compared to a steel sprocket, and it looks damn good haha.

temporary_zps1d622b52.jpg
I know ones eyes go all crazy like when you hit 50, but sumtin' here just doesn't look right. Can some of you younger fellers' splain' to me the color difference, if in fact there is one.:poke::smirk:

I know ones eyes go all crazy like when you hit 50, but sumtin' here just doesn't look right. Can some of you younger fellers' splain' to me the color difference, if in fact there is one.:poke::smirk:

:thinking: Blue on Green... weird. :smirk:

So what did you think of the gearing change, Blue?

haven't had a chance to ride yet unfortunately, too much damn snow :foul:. I will let you know once I get it out, but the bike is clean now!

So what did you think of the gearing change, Blue?

Finally got a little ride in on Saturday before the next snow storm hit. I love this gearing. It doesn't hit as hard right away which kind of threw me off for a bit, but the power delivery is smooth and lasts threw the whole gear rather than having to shift so much. I cant wait to get it up in the hills and put it to the real test.

What did you do with the case saver up front? With the stock 13 tooth counter sprocket it is pretty tight. Did you remove it?

I still have one, its aftermarket from tulpar racing or some damn thing. It works pretty good, looks even better, polished aluminum for a nice shiny look. Not so much anymore since it is about 2 years old haha.

I still have one, its aftermarket from tulpar racing or some damn thing. It works pretty good, looks even better, polished aluminum for a nice shiny look. Not so much anymore since it is about 2 years old haha.
I wonder if there is a difference between the steel frame and aluminum frame models. It just doesn't seem possible that I could get a 14 counter on mine and leave the case saver in. Might be some slight variances between the models:thinking: