450F Front sprocket wont come off

I was thinking the same thing about fitting the newest rigs with a bigger sprocket. I have seen 14's on the 2008 wr 450. The newest yzf seems noticeably tighter.

Last edited:
How does it look from the swingarm side. I put a rear sprocket on that required a modification to the chain guide. He had the 14 on already. The chain came off and went back easily, and I don't believe he modified or had anyone else modify his existing protector. FYI the sprocket on back was a 55.

The countershaft is going to grow nearly 1/10" nearer to the guard and the swingarm.

Last edited:
The space is actually just a tad short of 1/4" to the swingarm guide, which I just put on this week. I had been running a 12/49 combo with all of the tight, rocky riding I have been doing the last few months (13/50 being stock). This after the valve job, YZ Cams and a .5 bump in piston and a "clean up" port job. Figured I didn't need to go 92+ so I went down to the 12. But know as the Spring rolls around and I do more dual sport riding, I'm gonna throw the 13 back on. Might go up in the back, we'll see.
Sprocket 1.jpg

Should fit yours too, but I can't believe a 15 will fit, without modifying the guard and the wear block, maybe not then on the swingarm side. I looked at a 2013 kx450 last summer, I don't think it will take the 14 even. the 14 should make it nicer for the longer pavement.

Last edited:
I know a 14 would fit based on the amount of space in the back, you don't think the front space is a closer concern? If the sprocket moves 1/10th closer, wouldn't that mean the same for the front, but the case saver? That bad boy is pretty darn close.

It's just an interesting observation. I really like the look of the back sprocket. I would like to get it in a 52 but so far the 2 places I usually shop, RMATV and MSSS, only had a 49 and 50.