450F front cam chain guide...

so after installing my new cam chain i somehow managed to fudge up how my front cam chain guide was seated or maybe my ham handed friend that was "helping" me bent it back a bit seeing how it looks like there's a good sized curve in it at the bottom(i'm waiting for my parts and flywheel puller to arrive so i haven't been able to see it yet again since this happened) but at any rate i can't find in my manual how to replace the guide. does it just 'snap' in and the old one 'snap' out of the holes the pegs are in or am i going to have to completely take the head off the cylinder? i really hope not :\

crap it's lookin like i'm going to have to take the head off the cylinder or at least unbolt it to raise it enough to get the pegs in the holes :banghead::cry::foul:

Yes. The same thing happened to me the first time I had mine apart. I torqued it down, realized, took it apart, fixed it, and reassembled it with the same head gasket. I ended up blowing that gasket after about 20 hours, so if I was you, I'd invest in a new one.:noidea:

yeah this just blows!!! i could :cry: right about now. i just hope PU has a gasket in stock or i'm going to be waiting another damn week on that! :foul:

James

Staff member
crap it's lookin like i'm going to have to take the head off the cylinder or at least unbolt it to raise it enough to get the pegs in the holes :banghead::cry::foul:
Yeah I did the same thing on my bike, I used the same gasket as I didn't want to wait for a new one.

No cams here! :popcorn:

P7010022.jpg

well it wasn't as hard as i thought actually. took me about ten minutes to be honest. of course i already had the bike tore apart all but the bolts to the head. i didn't take them fully out either, just loosened enough to move the head up about a half inch then pulled the old guide out and dropped the new one in. bolted her back up and hoping the gaskets hold. i don't really see why they wouldn't. they're metal gaskets and there's actually 4 of them. they didn't stick or anything and like i said not paper type gaskets so obviously didn't rip anywhere. i guess we'll find out eh :thinking: