Fox Lake Boat Drags

So since I have been chillin in Vernon Hills, Illinois for work, I was invited out to my buddies house that I work with to the Thursday Night Boat Drags on Fox Lake. I took a few pics so I thought I would share.

So here is the view from my buddy's front yard looking down the street. A short walk to the harbor
DSC01100.jpg

Here is the vessel he was sporting.
DSC01102.jpg

The view out the front
DSC01104.jpg

Here is Blarney Island a huge bar in the middle of Fox Lake. The lake is only on average 6 feet deep and this bar is just hanging out.
DSC01109.jpg

This place has been here forever and this it the celling of the inside original bar. I'm sure there are some real old school garments up here.
DSC01115.jpg

To be continued....

So here are some shots of the boats that were suppose to race. The storm was coming in and the water was too rough so they canceled the races.

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

Continue.....

Here are a few more shots of the bar from the docs.
DSC01127.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

This sign is posted as you are walking up the dock to the bar. This seems like a long boat ride to LA..:thinking: This could be a good place for one of those DBA stickers..:devil:
DSC01129.jpg

So here is the Bar Owner pulling up in his boat and his son behind him..:thumb:
DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

Of course I had to get a couple shots proving I was there. Sporting the Local Cali boating apparel
DSC01130.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

Here is an old school Ski Nautique:thumb:
DSC01132.jpg

Continued......

It was starting to get dark as we heading back for home, but we took a little cruise around so I could scope out my future home on the lake.

Here is the hotel that Al Capone use to stay at.
DSC01137.jpg

He is a cool Bed and Breakfast that I might have to take my better half there when she goes on the next trip.
DSC01138.jpg

My buddy's friend lives in this pad.
DSC01139.jpg

So I might be back to put an offer on this place since it is vacant do to previous owner losing everything...DBA boat party!!!:banana:
DSC01142.jpg

Well that is about it, got dark and we headed in, buttoned up the boat and I drove back to the Hotel.
Later - CDA Out

bummer you couldn't see those bad ass boats boogie. Looks like you all made the best of it anyway :thumb: +2 roost
ya, they are at the halfway point in the season so there is only 8 more Thursdays left. I would love to plan another trip out before then, but I will just have to come back next summer.:smirk:

Nice lake report!:cool: Some of those boats:shocked:GORGEOUS! Love that old Natique. What a cool place. I want to live on a lake. The bar looks like a fun place. The bar owner must do pretty well if his boat is an indicator. What a life ehh? Run the bar (wtth other investments I imagine,) relax and party on a gorgeous boat living the leisure lake life! Oh snap! That's right this is back East! WINTERS SUCK! Cut that leisure life in 1/2.

Great share CDA, thanks!:thumb:

I miss those days of camping, boating and skiing :cry:

Nice lake report!:cool: Some of those boats:shocked:GORGEOUS! Love that old Natique. What a cool place. I want to live on a lake. The bar looks like a fun place. The bar owner must do pretty well if his boat is an indicator. What a life ehh? Run the bar (wtth other investments I imagine,) relax and party on a gorgeous boat living the leisure lake life! Oh snap! That's right this is back East! WINTERS SUCK! Cut that leisure life in 1/2.

Great share CDA, thanks!:thumb:

I miss those days of camping, boating and skiing :cry:
I tried to respond to this at the airport, but I could not get my phone to page to the end of the "Quote". But yes the lake freezes in the winter, but that does not stop them. That is when they do their repairs, but they have a tent that covers the entire bar so it is enclosed. They throw a big Halloween party out there and you drive to the bar in your car over the frozen lake. They have a Black Tie New Years Eve party on April 30th, because May 1st is the official opening of the summer. Maybe I will have to plan another trip out that way around one of these dates to go check that out.:smirk: :thinking:Maybe I can dress up in my Hulk costume and borrow a snowmobile to get out for the Halloween bash:thinking:

I tried to respond to this at the airport, but I could not get my phone to page to the end of the "Quote". But yes the lake freezes in the winter, but that does not stop them. That is when they do their repairs, but they have a tent that covers the entire bar so it is enclosed. They throw a big Halloween party out there and you drive to the bar in your car over the frozen lake. They have a Black Tie New Years Eve party on April 30th, because May 1st is the official opening of the summer. Maybe I will have to plan another trip out that way around one of these dates to go check that out.:smirk: :thinking:Maybe I can dress up in my Hulk costume and borrow a snowmobile to get out for the Halloween bash:thinking:

I can just imagine some of the "stories" of people leaving the bar in their cars driving across a frozen lake..........half if not completely "in the bag"!!!!

Great pics CDA!! :thumb: That looks like a great place to be in the summer. So, let me take a wild guess here - if you are thinking about putting an offer in on that place on the lake, they just discovered a large diamond vein in your backyard!!?? :thinking: