Found out I was a diabetic......

So saturday morning I was hospitalized and stayed there until tuesday morning.
It was discovered that I am a type 1, which means my pancreas quit working and I will have to give myself insulin shots everyday for the rest of my life.
Everything that I had planned on doing has changed, I no longer qualify to serve in the military, which means my ROTC scholarship has been canceled. I don't know, I'd never thought of myself as a doctor, but I may go that route and specialize in nutrition or diabetic treatment, to help other people that have this disease. The worst part of it is, its just the luck of the draw, I've never been overweight, always worked and exercised and been healthy for hte most part. My eyesight is kinda bad right now, but I was told it usually returns after a little while of normal blood sugar levels.
I dont know, just a little upset at the moment (I guess) and felt like typing it out.

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it hold you back though, keep your head up and go for what you want in life. Get on other health forums and see how other people are coping with diabetes. Did they for sure dq you for the military?

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it hold you back though, keep your head up and go for what you want in life. Get on other health forums and see how other people are coping with diabetes. Did they for sure dq you for the military?
diabetes is a dq period.
I don't know, I can still become a base doc but thats as a civilian contractor....

Oh ok I researched and saw why. Civilian job on a base isn't bad, they bring in the money for sure. But I would find something that would make you happy.

thats realistic
I know what would make me happy and thats my own bike shop but theres no money in that

my sister in law has it... i think at first she took it kinda hard but now she deals with it and its not such a big deal to her anymore.

still sucks to hear of another DBA'er not healthy. im rootin for ya :thumb:

Roost little buddy, I know we have had our differences and butted heads before but I hate to see anyone have to deal with bouts of misfortune in there life. Stay strong and ride long :ride:

Sorry to hear that Sean...
Luckily you weren't caught in a situation where you needed to have a limb amputated or lost your vision completly. It sucks that you lost your ROTC scholarship and your med card for flying but atleast everything else in life is still there.. Good luck and stay strong! :thumb: