Foot position

James

Staff member
Seriously though, if you are a track rider and spend most of your time on the balls of your feet, I suggest you run, don't walk, to your nearest medical supply store and pick up a set of good quality crutches :prof:
Actually corners (braking/acel bumps) and whoops/rollers/moguls is typically better if you're on the balls of your feet. However if you're coming up short or over jumping something, better have your heels on the pegs. :shocked: :thumb:

Let's see - on the pegs when not touching the ground, when on the pegs it's usually on the arches because (although reported otherwise) I am not a pro and do not shift my feet around to account for the terrain difference. I will say at times my foot will come off the peg (for some reason usually the left side) when I feel the rider next to me needs to slow down so I take it OFF the peg reach over and with the toe of my boot (foot) apply a large amount of pressure onto said riders rear brake lever hence causing said rider to slow down drastically and at times waive arms profusally and make random gestures with hands and fingers and at times voicing verbal obsceneties of which CAN be drowned out by revving the engine. :prof:...that is all....:smirk:...:ride:

Let's see - on the pegs when not touching the ground, when on the pegs it's usually on the arches because (although reported otherwise) I am not a pro and do not shift my feet around to account for the terrain difference. I will say at times my foot will come off the peg (for some reason usually the left side) when I feel the rider next to me needs to slow down so I take it OFF the peg reach over and with the toe of my boot (foot) apply a large amount of pressure onto said riders rear brake lever hence causing said rider to slow down drastically and at times waive arms profusally and make random gestures with hands and fingers and at times voicing verbal obsceneties of which CAN be drowned out by revving the engine. :prof:...that is all....:smirk:...:ride:

I think rez just likes reading his own text... because some of the things that flow out of his posts :shocked:

:gibbs:

:smirk: