fmf turbine core 2 repack

hey im doing the packing in my exhaust and i got the first part out, am i supposted to leave the tip part alone? i can see that there is packing in it but idk how to take it out, there are two rivots holding the tip together and two on the body.. i dont have many tools just wondering wth?? also does anyone kno what is the purpose of the turbine? is it sound difference or sumthing? also what kind of silicone should i use to seal it, is rtv black ok?

Last edited:
hey im doing the packing in my exhaust and i got the first part out, am i supposted to leave the tip part alone? i can see that there is packing in it but idk how to take it out, there are two rivots holding the tip together and two on the body.. i dont have many tools just wondering wth?? also does anyone kno what is the purpose of the turbine? is it sound difference or sumthing? also what kind of silicone should i use to seal it, is rtv black ok?

Rtv red is the high temp stuff. Black might be ok.

Here is a vid.

that exhaust is one piece mone has the turbine thing..im trying to attach a pic..anyway i put it together now and used the ultra black stuff...guess we will find out how it goes

that exhaust is one piece mone has the turbine thing..im trying to attach a pic..anyway i put it together now and used the ultra black stuff...guess we will find out how it goes

I know nothing about spark arrestors other than they have screens and perforated interiors. I'm a track queen.

And gay? :gayfight:

I use the blue rtv I like it to come off easier when it comes to another repack and cleans up the mess better. and heat in that area is not a big deal on a 2T. Good on you for caring about that raspy noise, a lot of people don't.

track queen? whats that?....

I was going to talk about grinding to get the rivets out but seeing the way the discussion turned I don't think I will. I have good luck using a 7/16 drill bit on a rechargeable. Then a small phillips head screwdriver to push the remains out. pop rivets seem to work best for putting it all back, but metal screws will work too. just keep an eye on them, then tend to fall out.