Fly like a bird

I don't buy it. First of all, you know how tired his arms would be flapping like that. :shocked: I call bullshit on this one. If it is true, then that guy who flies like the bird who recently crashed needs to step down to this set up. :prof:

i look at it and i instantly think its fake.... it just looks fake kinda. i looked around the internet a little and it actually seems real. if it is fake its an elaborate one. his web site was created in 2011. there have been articles about him and what hes been doing in magazines in other country's as well.

seriously cool as hell. also you wouldnt get as tired as you think it has motors and he used an android the computing for the motors and what not....
“Smeet’s efforts take cloud computing to a (literally) whole new level, as the wings rely on an Android-powered HTC Wildfire S smartphone to process arm acceleration and compute the motor output. The phone is connected to a microcontroller that is, in turn, connected to a Nintendo Wii Remote to measure acceleration and other flight parameters.”

elaborate but i still think its fake.... just look at the motion when he takes flight... it just dont look right to me.

James

Staff member
IMO the use of motors makes it more plausible, because like 530 said, you'd be tired in 10 seconds.

The wing size/span looks pretty realistic. :niodea:

In the comments on youtube, it says he was interviewed on tv and admitted it was a social media project.. But youtube comment sections are the most rediculous things on earth...
The part that just looks flat out fake is, notice when he leaves the ground, it blurs for a second? It seems every fake vid has that same blurring, much like half the movie 'Cloverfield'..

James

Staff member
The part that just looks flat out fake is, notice when he leaves the ground, it blurs for a second? It seems every fake vid has that same blurring, much like half the movie 'Cloverfield'..
That's probably the point where CGI takes over.