Fly Evolution Gear

My kids rock the Jersey at the BMX Track. I would have to say they are doing well for a year old and being washed alot. BMX makes you stink more. :prof:

My Husband had the Fly boots and they suck. That Fly gear looks nice though. Shift is the cheaper version of Fox. Fox owns Shift.
I sometimes get free gear. The last free gear I got was Shift. The brand new gloves wernt stitched right and already had a gap/hole on the seam. But I do like my Shift shirt that says "Shift Happens"

Model the new stuff for us and take some pics James:thumb:

James

Staff member
Well I put them on and they seem to run a little smaller in size then Shift, however they still fit pretty good. Can't really write a review until I actually ride with them on. But I can tell you though that my knees kept on hitting the plastic piece in the knee area, which got uncomfortable really quick. However if you wear knee braces or guards this shouldn't be an issue.

IMG_20110224_005521.jpg

My kids rock the Jersey at the BMX Track. I would have to say they are doing well for a year old and being washed alot. BMX makes you stink more. :prof:
Must be you aren't doing something right on the dirt bike. :smirk:

:noidea: I actually found Shift gear (Strike line) to be the same if not better quality then Fox and it's cheaper. :thumb:

Well it may be in the guy gear. Or perhaps the "Strike" line is a little better then the other. I notice a difference in the quality of gear for women vs. men. We get a cheaper verision with cut corners in areas where it matters! They figure why invest in producing better product when the market isnt there. They figure the girls who ride hard can wear the guy gear. Well that would be great if it fit perfect. This irritates the :rant:hell out me! I have noticed it in street gear too.

I have started wearing these THOR hinged knee braces instead of my cheapies. I have noticed while riding the brace gets caught on the shroud sometimes. NOT GOOD! Have you ever experienced this? I may have to do a thread on it. Im thinking any hinged brace may do this. I had it happen on my 250X also.

That gear looks like little kid size in that pic:smirk:

Fun to get new stuff. Frustrating when you can try it out right away, huh? Move out West and you would be wearing it and riding now:P

James

Staff member
Well it may be in the guy gear. Or perhaps the "Strike" line is a little better then the other. I notice a difference in the quality of gear for women vs. men. We get a cheaper verision with cut corners in areas where it matters! They figure why invest in producing better product when the market isnt there. They figure the girls who ride hard can wear the guy gear. Well that would be great if it fit perfect. This irritates the :rant:hell out me! I have noticed it in street gear too.
That sucks for you guys (women). :bonk:

The Strike gear is actually the middle of their mx gear line. I have (or had) the 2009 & 2010 model years and I noticed a HUGE improvement in the newer year, especially the jersey. It weighed less and was also cooler thanks to most of it being made out of mesh. The pants seemed "tougher", but also a little more breathable.

That gear looks like little kid size in that pic:smirk:

Fun to get new stuff. Frustrating when you can try it out right away, huh? Move out West and you would be wearing it and riding now:P
I'm not called Shorty because of a lack of length in my.....:smirk:

Yeah it does suck not being able to ride in the new gear right away, but if I lived out there I probably couldn't afford them in the first place. :lol:
It's called pedaling, you dont pedal a dirt bike. :noncartoonpicard:
:lol: Oh right I forgot what type of dirt bike riding you do. :P

I'm usually completely drenched in sweat after an afternoon on the track, I'm guessing the humidity has something to do with it. :foul: