AZ Flagstaff Riding

i am interested. I dont know the area at all as far as riding but I was actually thinking of moving to that area at one point. too bad you cant ride the meteor crater thats just outside flagstaff

On two occasions a few years back I took my bike along on a several day trips to Sedona. I did a few rides with some guys I met on TT and a few solo rides. I researched the legal OHV trails on the forest Service websites and maps. There is some legal singletrack around Flagstaff, but not a lot. I never made it that far with enough time to check it out. There is a lot more out of Prescott. Again I did make it to Prescott, but never had the time to find the cool trails in the forest just beyond town.

Actually Travace there is a bit of riding around some of the craters. When I visited the Sunset Crater there were several places where I saw riders and even a staging area or two. The Cinder HIlls OHV area is about 10 miles from Flagstaff and adjacent to the Sunset Crater National Monument. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/peaks/ohv-cinder-hills.shtml

Although it's kind of hard to navigate you can find maps on both the Coconino and Prescott NF websites.

On two occasions a few years back I took my bike along on a several day trips to Sedona. I did a few rides with some guys I met on TT and a few solo rides. I researched the legal OHV trails on the forest Service websites and maps. There is some legal singletrack around Flagstaff, but not a lot. I never made it that far with enough time to check it out. There is a lot more out of Prescott. Again I did make it to Prescott, but never had the time to find the cool trails in the forest just beyond town.

Actually Travace there is a bit of riding around some of the craters. When I visited the Sunset Crater there were several places where I saw riders and even a staging area or two. The Cinder HIlls OHV area is about 10 miles from Flagstaff and adjacent to the Sunset Crater National Monument. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/peaks/ohv-cinder-hills.shtml

Although it's kind of hard to navigate you can find maps on both the Coconino and Prescott NF websites.

i never knew ther was other craters... i was specifically talking about the huge one... you know one that is one of the largest visible craters on the earth :smirk:

I have a friend in Mesa. He said riding the cinders is like riding sand. He has only been up there one time.

The cinders is guey (oh no, thread lock coming up!), I'm not driving 8 hours for that

I left my 530 in Laughlin and my buddies there go to Flag every summer to escape the heat. Figure I'll pick up the bike and a trail guide or two on my way, once the snow melts and the monsoons start.
Yeah, they "illegalized" almost a whole side of the mountain last year, but word is they will not start enforcing the closures until next year-last chance to ride it?

I'll be riding in and around Prescott area the week of may 9th.We ride the mountain,campwood,Williams,paulden valley. I like Arizona because of the easy or no riding restrictions. Seems like that is changing a bit. They now have a sticker/registration program.

I'll be riding in and around Prescott area the week of may 9th.We ride the mountain,campwood,Williams,paulden valley. I like Arizona because of the easy or no riding restrictions. Seems like that is changing a bit. They now have a sticker/registration program.

Did you go? Pics, report?
Hoping to go to Flag via Laughlin wkend of the 18th?

You can still plate a two stroke in AZ, but the forests have done the same "travel management" process as the forests here. By manage they mean close. There are still a lot of good stuff in Prescott NF, but some of the others are not so dirt bike friendly.

Most of the BLM districts in AZ are also going through a similar travel management process as the forests.

Ride it while you can...

Did you go? Pics, report?
Hoping to go to Flag via Laughlin wkend of the 18th?

Somehow I imagine that there were large amounts of that white stuff impeding travel.

Thinking about a Flagstaff trip in June:thinking:

Anyone interested?

Anyone been?

Feel free to post up pics, reports or questions here :thumb:

Good riding up there.

Because of all the fires here in AZ, the forest service is closing places down. They just shut down the coronado National forest here in Tucson. Some forests in NM are closed down. I heard coconino is talking about closing down and same with Tonto.

Good riding up there.

Because of all the fires here in AZ, the forest service is closing places down. They just shut down the coronado National forest here in Tucson. Some forests in NM are closed down. I heard coconino is talking about closing down and same with Tonto.

Flag is still open. I'm putting off my trip until the monsoons start........

It's pretty much on for the 4th of July weekend, Fri-Tues?
90%, gotta clear up some work and do the 6 1/2 hour drive...:thumb:

you think you can do something on the 9th and 10th of july?... im looking for somewhere to go and it looks like PBK might be able to make something that weekend as well.