First ride after my crash

Well its been at or about 6 weeks since I wrecked my bike. I went out this last Sunday with my brother and mine and his kids for a "family" ride. We only went to just a local riding area that had some short trails for the kids to putz around with the ATV's and mini bikes.

My RM still performs as good now as it did before I crashed so thats a good thing. However....... My brother who has been off his bike for a year since his deployment to Afghanistan was riding like he'd never been off the bike at all. I found myself not nearly as confident as I was before my crash. And Ive reverted back to some really bad habits that newbie desert riders encounter. My brother and I did go on a short ride while the kids ate lunch. Nothing I havent done before but it was sorta rocky. I found myself looking at the LARGE rocks and almost hitting them instead of looking where I wanted to go to avoid them. Its amazing how much you can loose when your off the bike for a while.

Also this ride was the first time using my new EVS RC Evolution neck brace. It fits good I think but is going to take some getting used to. I figure a couple more rides and I probably wont know its there. But Im going to blame my distraction of the neck brace on my poor riding skills for that day. Its my story and Im sticking to it.

I also dont think Im totally healed from my crash either. Monday my neck was pretty stiff and still is a little bit today. Guess I need to ride more to strengthen up those mucsles. No video was taken as I dont have any curved surface mounts but they are on my wish list to order when I get paid. So maybe next time.

Welcome back to seat time. :cheers: It does take a few rides to get back to where you were, at least it did for me after my get off. But don't worry, it will come.:thumb:

James

Staff member
I found myself not nearly as confident as I was before my crash.
:thumb: I know exactly what you mean. As much as I can't wait for this riding season to get underway, I'm still a little I don't know how to say it. :noidea: Doc told me this week that I'm pretty much 100% physically, however mentally I'm still working through it. Just need to get on the bike and I'll be fine. :ride:
I found myself looking at the LARGE rocks and almost hitting them instead of looking where I wanted to go to avoid them. Its amazing how much you can loose when your off the bike for a while.
:lol: You don't have to tell me have that works. :bonk:

I generally go to where ever I look, just like in snowboarding, have to stop looking at the rocks. :P

I'm glad you are back on the bike Smoke...:thumb:
Its normal to feel sketchy after a get off, especially after having to sit on your dumper for 6 weeks afterwards.... Push that out of your mind now and work on your skills.... The more you think about what could happen does happen... The best thing for ya would be some riding techique videos.... find some and watch'em! then practice those techniques exclusively when riding, that will help pull your mind from wandering thoughts of rolling stones... Your neck hurtsd cause the brace keeps the head in the corrct positon verses the slumped postion that most ppl ride in. It will be fine in a few more rides..

Thanks for the confidence builders guys. My last ride that most have seen now was a huge confidence builder for me. And for the first part of that ride I chose the rockiest trail with the biggest rocks to go through or around. And I made it with no issues. It was the greatest feeling to just move through there with zero issues.