First Father Son RR

The Boy and I got away from the girls and started our way to ocotillo Wells where my plans were to take teh little guy around to a few of the main attractions. Plan was to go to artisian well, gas dome and shell reef. so dad loaded up the truck while the son was sleeping(i have a feeling this is going to be repeated) then woke him up and off we went. First stop GAS where the boy helped out...
sdml1c.jpg

next stop Cahula Awnings where i had a little trouble getting his bike started... the thing is cold blooded and dont like to start untill its warm then it starts almost instantly. Luckl;y some guy was looking for a pump for his tire and i asked him to give me a little push so i can bump start it. here is the kid waiting and making sure his bike dont die
v78utj.jpg

Now we are off and onto Gas Dome Trail where i am trying to do my best Timoyz impression
11aa0r5.jpg

Now i figured easy hard pack fireroads ... i was wrong... a lot of sections were this foot deep sandy crap that is really hard for the kid on the 50. about half way down gas dome he starts swaping and gets highsided and lands right on his back. This shook him up a little so we took a break.
2mync03.jpg

you can see his squirrly marks
5yw7ic.jpg

he gathered himself and off we go making it to the sign about the wildcats at gas dome and cahula.
j0bdhg.jpg

we turned on to Cahula and started heading towards the artisian wells. the road keeps getting worse and worse
v5lwcj.jpg

so here we turned back and headed towards the truck for lunch. on the way we stopped and i got a few good pics.
ru49oi.jpg

amnb9.jpg

another sign this is about the war effort and saving fuel.
1zh0235.jpg

then it was back to the truck where the boy played around the bushes. Just like DAD had to learn just over a year ago Dad is gonna have to teach its foot forward not out
35ina5u.jpg

and the Pano..
2lt3vq0.jpg

as you can see the weather held out for us...
fpcdiq.jpg

after lunch the kid wanted to walk over to his new track he made up.. MARCH BOY!!!!!
2nvfii8.jpg

jsut a great pano...
vyqx6u.jpg

lunch is done so time to gear back up and head to shell reef.
12671gy.jpg

The problem is that I am a dumb ass and always confuse this spot with the main shell reef spot.
xp0uhg.jpg

It didnt matter tho. Dylan loved the spot and just wanted to ride around here. He was getting brave and going up some of the small hills and even going on the low end of some of the berms.
j95yk3.jpg

you can see him going up that one small hill in this
oit1rn.jpg

We rode around here for a while went over to the spot next to it cause some guys were jumping but they were done when we got over there. The kid started trying to find little jumps making his dad very nervous but i held back and let him do his thing. He hit one of those sand bump things that use to be a bush and got about 2 feet of air... he got ass slapped and everything landing on front tire first but stayed up. After all that we headed back to the truck where i was gonna let him ride around the bushes as much as he wanted till it got dark. He came back and said he was done... not wanting him to learn the OML syndrome the hard way i called it a day. Here he is showing how much fun he had
263gepg.jpg

We had some day light left so i wanted to take him to the statues that are out in Borrego. So we stopped at those... The story is some guy owns the property built all the statues of the prehistoric animals and leaves it open for the public.. you can camp and all that but no motorized vehicles.
here is the mammoths.
oje2oj.jpg

Prehistoric horses
2ecnivb.jpg

my fav is this bird in teh nest. 1 big bird 2 babys and a snake for dinner
sfgzft.jpg

13zydtf.jpg

346mef5.jpg

nmb985.jpg

after viewing a few more of those we headed over to Carlees (spelling could be jacked) for a couple burgers before driving home.

The entire day trip was epic in my book. had a few problems and the boy went down at least a dozen times but it was still epic to me. cant wait for the many future rides my son and i will have.

That is awesome Trav!

Dylan's nick name must be "the boy" or "the kid". I like those as Jr and Jr Jr are already taken and Princess just doesn't fit a stud like Dylan.

Give "the kid" a high 5 from the Rack Clan.

:USA:

I was thinking that too Rack just like i never nickname myself i dint feel right saying it :P nicknames should always be given... The Kid ... i like that when hes old and weathered looking "the kid" will be perfect :thumb:

I was thinking that too Rack just like i never nickname myself i dint feel right saying it :P nicknames should always be given... The Kid ... i like that when hes old and weathered looking "the kid" will be perfect :thumb:

Are you not T-rav? or is it bearded one? :smirk:

The kid is good....You have my vote. :thumb:

Are you not T-rav? or is it bearded one? :smirk:

The kid is good....You have my vote. :thumb:

my handle was actually a nickname someone gave me. T-Rav was my Dj name and its caught on around here.

My son asked what my nickname is and i could only think of T-Rav or pussy i didnt tell him the later :lol:

Great riding time you got in. Ocotillo looked nice as there was no body there except for you and a couple others. Makes riding with a little one much more enjoyable.