Few Race Photos

If I could see them Bryce I would offer my opinion however, since I can't see them here at the office, I have nothing useful, informative, insightful nor entertaining to add to this thread so I will refrain from posting until have had a chance to look at your pics at home. Your Welcome. :smirk:

all of them look technically good. The only issue i have is that they are all way to similar in nature... doing the same thing and mostly from the same angle.

dont know if its possible for you but try to get some pics where the roost is in focus... nothing looks cooler then some dirt chunks up in the air that are completely in focus.

all of them look technically good. The only issue i have is that they are all way to similar in nature... doing the same thing and mostly from the same angle.

dont know if its possible for you but try to get some pics where the roost is in focus... nothing looks cooler then some dirt chunks up in the air that are completely in focus.

No I agree. On motocross its easy cause the track is the track. In the desert you have lots of different lines and 100 miles of track. My purpose is to get everyone that is at the race in a few photos. I try to jump around a little to get different shots but with 100+ riders you have to be careful or you may miss a large group of people. I have a few different areas i shot from I will get posted up when I get done processing them. Thanks for the input though.:thumb:

No I agree. On motocross its easy cause the track is the track. In the desert you have lots of different lines and 100 miles of track. My purpose is to get everyone that is at the race in a few photos. I try to jump around a little to get different shots but with 100+ riders you have to be careful or you may miss a large group of people. I have a few different areas i shot from I will get posted up when I get done processing them. Thanks for the input though.:thumb:

yea i kinda figured it was something like this. it was just that was the only thing i could think of that could maybe help you improve your pics... Those pics are good.

another idea i just had tho... im not sure if you even like the style but ever try doing HDR pics ?

yea i kinda figured it was something like this. it was just that was the only thing i could think of that could maybe help you improve your pics... Those pics are good.

another idea i just had tho... im not sure if you even like the style but ever try doing HDR pics ?

HDR I think would be hard to do on these pictures. I love HDR but with HDR you shoot 3 photos (One is the correct exposure, one is 1/3 under exposed and one is 1/3 over exposed.) Then you put the 3 pictures together. With the bikes going so fast I don't think you could get the 3 shots fast enough to freeze the motion in the same spot so that you could put them together. However HDR would be awesome! I hear there may be a new program that you can do it with one shot but I haven't see it yet. Guess maybe I should look into that huh!

Here is one of my favorites.

[rl=http://hydrophotography.smugmug.com/Events/Owyhee-Outlaw-Race/14055184_f5Qe8#1035905794_ce65o-A-LB]
1035905794_ce65o-L.jpg
[/url]

yea:banana: thats a sweet pic, bet that guy would buy it from ya :thumb:

That is a cool looking pic. Whats up with Desert racers and there messed up numbers? lol Did the one guy have a paper plate duct taped to number plate? Must be the beginner class. . .