fear of endo'ing...

hey folks my buddy just made a track at his house and it has a pretty steep step down and every time i go off of it i feel like i'm gonna crash over the handlebars. i know how to panic rev pretty good but my buddy says i'm not that outta shape... any way of getting comfortable with the front end dropping?

just scrub it, that way you are staying closer to the ground, less time in the air and your bike is sideways instead of inverted. Always remember, the more time spent on the ground the faster you are. :prof:

Weird, I worry about looping out! Try jumping it in a lower gear, to answer your quesion, do stoppies. They are supposed to wrok. Or get last months Motocross action magazine.

Red, are you sure you are throttling steadily through the lip of the take-off?
yeah when i jump i'm pretty steady but usually give it a little blip at the lip...

That and also make sure your body position is right. Got any video so we can actually see what you're doing?
no no video... i could probably get some in a few days though
just scrub it, that way you are staying closer to the ground, less time in the air and your bike is sideways instead of inverted. Always remember, the more time spent on the ground the faster you are. :prof:
:lol: to me it seems alot easier in my mind to do a back flip than to scrub just because your going with the flow instead of making the bike go sideways... :thinking:
Weird, I worry about looping out! Try jumping it in a lower gear, to answer your quesion, do stoppies. They are supposed to wrok. Or get last months Motocross action magazine.
i have a fear of the front end of my bike... when i try stoppies i always wash out...

yeah my buddy ended up doing that on my bike and it worked better... i just ride...lol. he rode it and said it felt like the front end was shooting my front end down.

Yeah when the forks leave the lip the rear loses 1/2 its wieght and starts rebounding giving the front heavy feel. usually fork settings are done up for turns and really rough straights but you can back them down a click or 2 as well.... Good luck track looks cool by the way.:thumb: