Facepalm

Bike is down right now. It might be down for the rest of the season, I might rebuild it over the winter, possibly get a new crank.. Or i'll try to run it and possibly damage some parts, idk, I'd really like a newer bike so I can more easily find parts OEM and aftermarket.

Bike is down right now. It might be down for the rest of the season, I might rebuild it over the winter, possibly get a new crank.. Or i'll try to run it and possibly damage some parts, idk, I'd really like a newer bike so I can more easily find parts OEM and aftermarket.

woulden't be the worst idea, late 90ish RMs are pretty easy to come by around here

Pull the oil pan, remove the rod cap, cut a peice of leather off your belt and wrap it around the crank and reinstall the rod cap. It will not knock for as long as you own it. Sell it right away :prof:

What engine?

Some of those 2.5's rattle like no other. If you think its knocking.. While its running pull the plug wire off each cylinder one at a time. You will find out what rod it is.