EMP

just wondering, when the shit hits the fan will an electro magnetical pulse kill my yz426f or would it still run? :noidea:

I heard you can safely test this theory by hooking one lead of an arc welder to the frame and touching the other lead to your stator. Don't go over 120 amps on the welder setting. You have to properly ground the bike first by standing barefoot in a pool of water and sticking your willy in the spark plug cap as you perform this test. :prof: :thumb:

In case shit hits the fan? :crazy:

Wouldn't the CDI get fried?

no!!! see you misread... not in case... when lol... seriously though, just a hypothetical scenario but i'd like to think i had some kind of bug out vehicle at my disposal just in case...

the cdi is kinda what i was thinking the problem would be at. anything else should still work... :thinking: what can we do about this:noidea: probably not much huh?

I heard you can safely test this theory by hooking one lead of an arc welder to the frame and touching the other lead to your stator. Don't go over 120 amps on the welder setting. You have to properly ground the bike first by standing barefoot in a pool of water and sticking your willy in the spark plug cap as you perform this test. :prof: :thumb:

You have to wrap the bike in tin foil first, then fashion a tin foil hat for yourself.....then proceed with the above protocol....otherwise, it won't work....:prof:

thanks agent :thumb: so apparently my bike AND van should be ok :D

aj... turns out you're right about the tin foil. that's what's called a faraday cage :P

:lol:

I do want to try calling a cell phone in a metal trash can, just to see if it actually works.:ride:

It won't. When I go into the ovens at work (metal panels with insulation), I lose cell service, and radio reception on my walkman.:noidea:

James

Staff member
Sweet so I guess if the Man is ever after me, I'll go hide in metal trash can. :P

This does show us that pretty much everything in our lives are dependent on microchips. :bonk: