EL MIRAGE SEPTEMBER

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hey oh. This is a report and invite this month (sept) to EL MIRAGE CA!

Tuesday night we were the only overnight users of El Mirage. Pretty sweet to have an entire SRVA to yourself. Slightly windy but not noticable once riding.

3oz74.jpg

3oz77.jpg

3oz2.jpg

3oz32.jpg

Teaching my girlfriend how to ride. She's too brave for her skill level.:banghead:

3oz1.jpg

3oz5.jpg

Riding sneeze around camp, I jumped through a bush and came to a screeching halt... Now I know why I'm here this week. These people leave anything just lying around!!! If this had happened away from camp, I would have been SOL.

3oz3.jpg

Huge pile of rusty wire bagged up and removed for future users pleasure. Bagged up about 4 bags of trash and 1 bag of recyclables we found at the campground near restrooms 6+7. We don't stay at this campground, but lots of people do apparently.

3oz54.jpg

Turns out, labor day weekend was mild this year, but the RACES this weekend were supposedly huge.... Looks like my clean-up efforts have gone to squat...

Now for some more fun on the new 5 Hundo! I'm a really big guy, this bike fits me!

3oz10.jpg

3oz7.jpg

West and East Loops are 13 and 12 miles respectively. The estimated time (according to the info kiosk) to acomplish both is 3 1/2 hours... HA HA HA!! Maybe on a pedal bike! We did both in about 2 hours 10 minutes. Total of 28 miles. There are INFINITE possibilities as far as path. The loops are marked trails, but there are thousands of possibilities. Only took a few pictures,in hopes it'll entice some of you to come out next week!!!!!

3oz45.jpg

3oz49.jpg

3oz47.jpg

3oz50.jpg

3oz48.jpg

Mine shafts on the West Loop. West loop is really sharp and rocky. Bring your tire patch kits.

3oz51.jpg

3oz11.jpg

3oz8.jpg

Who's coming out next week? Anyone want to ride? I might only be able to make it for a single overnighter, so I'm looking to firm up plans. LET ME KNOW, otherwise... I'll just keep it all to myself.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

James

Staff member
:thumb: That looks like some awesome riding, to bad I live so far away. :bonk:

Hey thanks for being one of the "decent" off-roaders and picking up after yourself, (plus those other :censored:)

SRAD97750

Staff member
I was in a good mood, luckily, and laughed it off! Had to remove the rear wheel to get it out. It was even tangled around the brake shoe. There was a huge pile of it in the bushes right next to where we had camped. So, we put on gloves and bagged it up.

Good times had by all. Trying to get another trip together.... -BIG DAN:thumb:

James

Staff member
Nice pics :thumb:. I would have been pissed to look down and see all that wire stuck in my wheel.
:lol: Yeah you probably would have heard me all the way over in FL. I wouldn't have be so pissed that it's in my wheel, but at the fact that someone is so inconsiderate to just leave it there. :foul: