All EL MIRAGE.... LETS GO!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Riding is riding, and el mo is open and empty. C'mon and lets ride!!! I'm free any day this month and el mo is close enough for me to do overnighters! Let me know If you want to meet up and ride the loops both ways and play on the shadow mountains!!! Nice, slow, take it easy day! LET ME KNOW!!!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Riding is riding, and el mo is open and empty. C'mon and lets ride!!! I'm free any day this month and el mo is close enough for me to do overnighters! Let me know If you want to meet up and ride the loops both ways and play on the shadow mountains!!! Nice, slow, take it easy day! LET ME KNOW!!!

Sounds like fun Dan! A little far for me right now but hopefully someday in the future I'd like to get out that way.

SRAD97750

Staff member
OK. Nevermind.
Lets not go riding there. I should have just spent my time typing out a thread about something else. My bad.
Invite CANCELLED.

We where there I think last year and they do charge to get in. The area is small now they have trimmed it down over the years. It isn't my first choice to ride but we went to fly rcplanes and shoot rockets. SRAD97750 Are you able to put together some 25-50 mile loops?

i've never been there just to like cal city, dove springs, spangler and red rock canyon but if there are some good loops i'd be down when i get a job...

It was cool to open up a 450 EXC geared for the desert and do 100mph! Scary for an eastern woods guy!:shocked: Desert is just scary! My bud had this bike set up for me with RaceTech suspension and steering dampener. It was frightening how fast you could go! I ate whoops for lunch! It was a crazy fast weekend! I never thought I could traverse 30 miles of desert this fast!

There is some good stuff there. I rode there with a guy who lives in Adelanto, he took us on two diffrent 30-35 mile loops. Lots of whoops, but some good variety in between. You can't beat the place for teaching the kids on the lake bed.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I love riding, be it easy, hard, long, or short. Two wheels and a place to ride is all I need. Period.

After an entire day of riding all over the mountains and both loops, both ways... the GPS said a top speed of 82.6mph and 56 miles traveled at an average of 19.4mph. So, Moving relatively quickly through sandy trails. Some parts are rocky but never that challenging. You just have to pick yer line and rail it!
The shadow mountains have alot of, "choose your own line" riding, Which I like too. Lots of space, no rules. 46,000 acres of free riding is nothing to laugh at. You can camp anywhere.

El mirage has a fee to get in which is steep for a single day($15). The week($30) and year($90) prices are much better. I have a year pass and live less then an hour away. I've been like 10 times this summer.

There are fences, but only fence off more of the same terrain. I GUESS THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER!

Anyways, INVITE IS STILL OPEN AS ALWAYS!!! Next week is looking really good for me. LET ME KNOW!!!