EFI Overrated??

what do you guys think, my question is if EFI is better than Carbs at all? so far only KTM has converted over to EFI and and not lost power and changed the power delivery much. it would be nice to have it run good at any altitude sure but at the expense of power and my hard earned dollar? I think not. but who knows im sure the companies will figure it out but it just seems like another way to make people spend money at the dealers.(Allthough I would say the same thing for the new are fourstrokes) What do ya'll Think?

I hate carbs :foul: which is one of the reason I bought the 08 TE450 when it came out. I love it - no fuel screws, no jets, no fuss no muss. I can ride it DS at sea level or take it to Kennedy Meadows (8,000 +/-) with no worries. Plus, although I haven't done it) you can get software and change the mapping of the FI for different performance. Oh, bike doesn't flood when it's upside-down either...

I give FI a big :thumb:

I'd much rather have EFI. I live in the mountains, so I change elevations a lot, which is not fun when you have to deal with your carburetor's jetting and fuel screws and such. :blah: Also, I could really use an almost zero bogging bike. My bike bogs like a master, and I haven't the money to mess with jetting or the AP/O-ring Mod. I would prefer an EFI equipped bike over a carburetor equipped bike.

I like my rekluse
I about smoked my clutch on my ride yesterday. It would be completely smoked if I had a rekluse. Of course that's not an option on my bulldozer dinosaur bike.

Rekluse's are for girlie riders. :banana::lol::smirk:

Hmm? I'm talking about bogging off idle due to jetting issues with the crazy elevation changes around here in my mountains.

My be sarcasm as you don't have anything I would call a mountain anywhere near you.

I hate carbs :foul: which is one of the reason I bought the 08 TE450 when it came out. I love it - no fuel screws, no jets, no fuss no muss. I can ride it DS at sea level or take it to Kennedy Meadows (8,000 +/-) with no worries. Plus, although I haven't done it) you can get software and change the mapping of the FI for different performance. Oh, bike doesn't flood when it's upside-down either...

I give FI a big :thumb:

My carb is worn out. The concept of buying a new one at $400 or so has kept me using my old one. I'm seriously considering doing a Megasquirt EFI system instead. I hate it when the bike gets flooded. I have also done a ride where the altitude changed over 7000 feet.

EFI is pretty darn reliable these days. About the only problem I have had is clogged injectors at 150,000 miles plus. That is not bad.

My be sarcasm as you don't have anything I would call a mountain anywhere near you.

:lol: What?? Are you calling my mountains fake?

Looks like mountains to me. :noidea:
Blue_Ridge_Mountains_op_800x644.jpg