All Easter 2016

DDMC is having a Team Race out there that weekend so there will be some activity. 4 looper. I will be hanging in AZ with Pops and family. Have fun, ride safe.

it was a great trip....til I pulled out to leave on Mon morn

weather was warm, not hot, little wind til Sun afternoon. VERY few people. First time I have ever been out there where the Football field had zero campers. Trails in the hills have lots of erosion ruts from rain. Invader looked impossible to climb with deep ruts n large rocks every where. No LEO were seen at all. Got a cool fly by of jets from the base.

Wind blew 30-40 Sun nite and Mon morn. As I turned from my crosswind parking spot and headed into the wind my solid fiberglass cap on the motorhome peeled off and flopped over the side. I climbed up there and broke off the large pieces til it was no longer flopping around. Nearly blown off the roof while holding it. Made it to Tehachapi and had to peel off some more. Made it home. Hope insurance is gonna help me out with it.

it was a great trip....til I pulled out to leave on Mon morn

weather was warm, not hot, little wind til Sun afternoon. VERY few people. First time I have ever been out there where the Football field had zero campers. Trails in the hills have lots of erosion ruts from rain. Invader looked impossible to climb with deep ruts n large rocks every where. No LEO were seen at all. Got a cool fly by of jets from the base.

Wind blew 30-40 Sun nite and Mon morn. As I turned from my crosswind parking spot and headed into the wind my solid fiberglass cap on the motorhome peeled off and flopped over the side. I climbed up there and broke off the large pieces til it was no longer flopping around. Nearly blown off the roof while holding it. Made it to Tehachapi and had to peel off some more. Made it home. Hope insurance is gonna help me out with it.
What? Your end cap on the coach broke off in the wind? Pics? Details? Never heard of this sort of thing happening.

not end cap, entire top cap of roof-one piece glass roof
You have a Winnebago by chance? If so, there are some things that need to be checked regarding the roof and how it is sealed along the sides. One piece roofs are great but needs some maintenance. :noidea: I had a situation on my 1997 Adventurer like what happened to you and the insurance paid for the repairs. :thumb:

yes it is an Itasca made by Winne. Just got it from dadinlaw, only 14000mi, been sealed once already. Insur est $5400...at shop now to see what their est is.

yes it is an Itasca made by Winne. Just got it from dadinlaw, only 14000mi, been sealed once already. Insur est $5400...at shop now to see what their est is.
I have been using this on my 2014 Itasca Sunova as it had some areas around the rear cap that the side seams had cracked. If you can push in on the roof from the channel it is tucked into then it needs to be cut out and re calked. This stuff works great and is not a silicone base material that they say not to use.

http://www.geocelusa.com/roofing/pro-flexa-tripolymer-sealant-detail.html

WinnieRoofCrossX.jpg

Very little maintenance required on a Winnebago figerglass roof. BUT, the absolutely critical thing on a Winnebago roof is the sealant at the seam along each side where the roof meets the sidewall. That is a mandatory annual check/repair as needed to maintain the Winnebago roof warranty. When you push inward on the roof fiberglass at the sealant, if a gap opens that sealant needs to be removed and replaced. It is a urethane based sealant/adhesive ... NOT silicone. The result of completely ignoring this sealant can be the roof peeling off while driving or during a strong wind storm.