Other Dual Carb Sync Troubles

I have a 1980 GS450L that needs to be synced. I have the carb synchronizer and the brass fittings are on the right spot becasue I am getting a reading. I was told to adjust the throttle stops to where each carb is pulling the same amount of vacumm... and that is where the problem is, it only has two carbs and one throttle stop. Where do I go from here? what do I adjust to make this work? If you have any information that would be great. I will try to get some pics on here later if you need any. Let me know what you think and if you need more info
thumbsup.gif

There is usually a little adjustment between the carbs where the shaft couples one butterfly valve to the other

I've never bothered with vacuum syncing on a twin. I just bench adjust it so both carbs open the same. It's not perfect, but it has been good enough.

th
There is usually a little adjustment between the carbs where the shaft couples one butterfly valve to the other

I've never bothered with vacuum syncing on a twin. I just bench adjust it so both carbs open the same. It's not perfect, but it has been good enough.

thats a good idea, I think tomorrow after work I might give that a shot. then hook up the sync and see what it reads.

thanks

there should be a linkage mechanism between the 2 carbs that have a screw adjustment. It usually takes a special tool to make the fine adj and tighten down lock nut.

Will adjusting that one link make both the carbs synced? I know that four cylinders have them to sync. I haven't had time to try it out lately, but once I get to it ill give it a shot. I think its just a Phillips screw driver. I'll take a look and give it a shot. Thanks

what it does is equalizes so both carbs have the same vacuum pressure....makes it idle smoother

if you look close by the bottom of the float bowl you can see the adj screw on my wifes virago carbs

carb.jpg

Awesome, I am up here in no-dak working now, so I will try that when I get home. It does have a rough idle and it bogs right off the clutch. I will let you know how it goes after i get to it. I didnt know that that worked like that i suppose. Thanks for the help.