450F Does it make big difference if specs is barely off???

well i would start with factory and see if you like it since you know that is a safe place to start. after finding the factory settings I use a degree wheel and cam sprockets modified or made for making adjustments. if you go to webb cams you can see examples of those or megacycle cams. i put the crankshaft at tdc unless i am using a piston stop. so if i were you i would put the crankshaft at bdc, remove the cams, check the setting as you go and get the count you want to start with, which in my case would be the factory setting. then go from there. i you are thinking that chasing hp that way is a long path, you are right.

I am getting 6 and a half on that photo too.
6 and haft off my photo?or the screen shot i sent?.
The screen shot from photo i sent,his was 6 and a haft and people on the forum was sayin he needed to get it to 7 in between bekause by not havin that 7 in between he was off one tooth which means timing is off,but others argued in forum that he wasnt off because manual says nothing about pins/links,just about the markings on cams to be in certain place,so in just gettin mixed feelings about it all,but i do know i feel a difference,will pop off my cover again today once home from work to check where i am currently at,,so wat would be a procedure to get 7 links in between???

Keep cranking it over until the the marks on the cam gear in you photo from the manual "c" and "d" are aligned with the head surface and timing mark "a" is as close as possible to stationary "b". The hash marks (lines) on your cam gears MUST be aligned parallel with surface and cam lobes should be pointing outward. Then your punch marks will(should) be upward. Then count the links between

Last edited: