RM-Z250 Does a rmz 250 2016 gearbox fit in a 2015 engine ?

hi:ride:

I want to order a 2016 gearbox but I have a question. Does a rmz 250 2016 gearbox fit in a rmz 250 2015 engine ?

because I have always have problems with the 2015 gearbox:foul:

and the 2016 gearbox is much better

i have ask 6 local dealers but they dont now it

do anybody can help my :confused: ?

Greetings Rens

You need to match the part numbers on a parts microfiche, but they should be the same.
If you are having trans problems then start using the micrometer and start measuring tolerances.
Something as simple as a worn spacer or C-clip will throw that trans out of wack.
Trust me, I replaced a few.

Welcome Rens!

From what I can see from the parts fiche, I think they will swap, if my logic is correct. See below;
Example:
2015 RMZ250 - 24120-49H01 SHAFT COMP,COUN
2016 RMZ250 - 24120-49H10 SHAFT, COUNTER (NT:13)

If I'm correct, (I think I am but not 100%), the part number to look at is the first set of numbers (24120) and the year is the second set (49H01 & 49H10) of numbers.
From what I can tell, all of the transmission shafts and gears share the same beginning part number.
All of the shifter parts (forks, drum, cam plate, etc) are exactly the same part number.
The crankcase however looks to be a little different, but not much.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the part numbers.

Side note - I have had good luck using these part numbers to buy either Suzuki parts for my Kawasaki, or Kawasaki parts for my Suzuki. Since some models are the same I check each one and buy the least expensive. I've successfully done this twice now using the info above.

Last edited: