Do you ride on the pavement?

It all depends on the intended use. If you are mainly going for road performance (Super Moto) then sticky street bike tires are the way to go. If you want dirt performance then DOT dirt tires are the way to go. For example I have a Pirelli MT43 DOT trials tire out back and a DOT Pirelli knobby up front. I take it real easy on the pavement with this combo. My setup works really well for me off road.

You can get tires in a whole range of dirt vs street. It all depends on what you are trying to do.

Well I think it would be nice to hit the canal roads or back roads going to town or something along those lines. Have more of a Dual Sport bike without all that heavy weight. I'm not sure the Supermoto would be all that useful for me. Besides a 250 with super moto isn't that almost a moped?

Well I think it would be nice to hit the canal roads or back roads going to town or something along those lines. Have more of a Dual Sport bike without all that heavy weight. I'm not sure the Supermoto would be all that useful for me. Besides a 250 with super moto isn't that almost a moped?
From the pics you have been sharing and all the rocks that you ride over, you would probably be good with the MT43 rials tire. You would get good hook up on the rocks and can run down the street if need be.

From the pics you have been sharing and all the rocks that you ride over, you would probably be good with the MT43 rials tire. You would get good hook up on the rocks and can run down the street if need be.

I was wondering about them. I'm halfway to needing a new tire and have been thinking about a trials tire. Just never been around one. Guess all I have to loose is money huh!

Really! I have about 5 miles on my rear tire and I'm guessing I have 500 miles left. I figure I will need a tire before winter.

I have about 1,000 on my MT43, probably good for another 1,000... Did they tell you about the grip? Like glue on rocks. Not as "manly" as a knob but you'll make alot more friends in Idaho by saving trails and not have to change your tire every 400-500 miles when it's all chunked up.

I have about 1,000 on my MT43, probably good for another 1,000... Did they tell you about the grip? Like glue on rocks. Not as "manly" as a knob but you'll make alot more friends in Idaho by saving trails and not have to change your tire every 400-500 miles when it's all chunked up.

Yeah I'm sure that is why my nobbie is getting hammered in a hurry the rocks are pretty rough on them.:lol: