Do you ride on the pavement?

i ride my WR on the streets out in the country... i don't have a license and it's not plated but out where i used to live you could pull up next to a CHP at the gas station with your dirtbike and fill up you tank and grab a bite without him careing. Also used it to get to the bar which was only 2 streets away...lol.

all my races i do have street sections too and i have yet to ride a bike with street tires but all i know is i haul :moon: through those sections!

That works until you find the tight ass CHP or Sheriff who writes you for no insurance, no license, no plate and then impounds your bike. That will cost you over $2k and easily over $3k if you get your bike back.

That works until you find the tight ass CHP or Sheriff who writes you for no insurance, no license, no plate and then impounds your bike. That will cost you over $2k and easily over $3k if you get your bike back.

That isn't how it flies around here. If a sheriff gets a little salty sometimes, he would only give us a warning. But we've never had problems with them, they just wave as they go by.

James

Staff member
I will sometimes ride my motocross bike on the road to the country store.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMjVjGvASmo
Sorry for the poor edit.
:lol: So that's the ride I've heard about, to bad you put music over it, kind of ruins it IMO. :noidea:
Yup! That's why I love the country. Cops just smile and wave, and so do I and it's all good. I rarely ever do see cops though.

Did you see the thread on TT?
No but I can guess how it went. :lol:

:lol: So that's the ride I've heard about, to bad you put music over it, kind of ruins it IMO. :noidea:

I know. Horrible music choice. I outta re-do that video and cut out the boring parts and put better music, if any.

No but I can guess how it went. :lol:

Exactly right! :lol: I was actually surprised to see half the people were with me. Then the other half, the typical, "up here in New York, you would get fined and thrown in jail. Ruining motocross...blah blah."

:focus: I know this is tough for you guys but lets get back to the question. Why don't you run dual sport tires?

It all depends on the intended use. If you are mainly going for road performance (Super Moto) then sticky street bike tires are the way to go. If you want dirt performance then DOT dirt tires are the way to go. For example I have a Pirelli MT43 DOT trials tire out back and a DOT Pirelli knobby up front. I take it real easy on the pavement with this combo. My setup works really well for me off road.

You can get tires in a whole range of dirt vs street. It all depends on what you are trying to do.