Do you ride on the pavement?

Just what it says! Do you ride your bike to work or anything? What close calls have you had? I'm trying to deside if I want to get an enduro.

Just what it says! Do you ride your bike to work or anything? What close calls have you had? I'm trying to decide if I want to get an enduro.
I'm an asphalt mover. I have not had any close calls, but I keep an eye out for idiots all the time. Friday I pulled up next to a young girl driving and texting (Illegal in Cali) and I sat next to her riding along waiting for her to look up. Nothing. I was going to knock on her window as we were moving along, but figured she would freak out and swerve over and hit me, so I motored away.

Just what it says! Do you ride your bike to work or anything? What close calls have you had? I'm trying to deside if I want to get an enduro.

Not often, too much temptation to poach the other side of the curb and maintenance keeps my license plate mostly dirt.

Here is how my wife and I roll...

afimage2461.JPG

I mostly ride a street bike on the street, but my plated XR does see some pavement. I can ride out of my garage and it's 4.8 miles to some legal dirt (drinkwater). I can do 20 miles of pavement and hit the dirt in the Antelope valley.

It's come in VERY handy to be able to hit the pavement and head into town for some gas, etc. I've also done rides where the trail was very difficult and it ends at the pavement. It's either ride the street or double back over tough terrain.

Food and drink accessible from OHV is limited. Not so with a plate.

Street bike only for the street. Dirt bike for the dirt. Thats how I roll!!

Not me! I hit it! I hit the canyons, dirt, curbs, stairs. That is the beauty of SM! I truly believe if you ride an SM on the dirt you increase skills. I dont do THAT much dirt on mine but I do some detours here and there in the canyons near my house. Here is a pic of the steepest dirt hill Ive gone up and down with slicks on my SM. Pilot Powers to be specific.
IMG_0806-2.jpg

Also a couple other "detours on dirt" You never know who or what your going to run into like this guy ready to take off.
IMG_0821-2.jpg

SS Detour
IMG_0838-3.jpg

IMG_0858-2.jpg

s1489765817_224701_8651.jpg

SuperMoto is the most fun you can have on the street! Right Palmer?:ride:

Two wheel sets on a DRZ is just like having two bikes, I use a 19 inch front and nave the suspension set
for 250 pounds, I am 190. This allows for all kinds of gear and options, new graphics too.

P6050001-1.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

i ride my WR on the streets out in the country... i don't have a license and it's not plated but out where i used to live you could pull up next to a CHP at the gas station with your dirtbike and fill up you tank and grab a bite without him careing. Also used it to get to the bar which was only 2 streets away...lol.

all my races i do have street sections too and i have yet to ride a bike with street tires but all i know is i haul :moon: through those sections!