250F Do you know where can I install a pressure gauge on my YZ250F 2005 model?

Do they make anything that goes in between the oil supply tube banjo bolt fitting?
Or maybe a guy could drill and tap a hole?
I'm a fan of oil pressure gauges, when they work.

Could probably use a compression tee and stick a gauge in the external transport somewhere, but a sensor sounds like it would require a bit more ingenuity. I say also why.

Also there is a bolt on my WR that you loosen after an oil change verify you have pressure. But that is a 450 and two years newer.

While reading through a section of my KXF manual, I just happen to randomly glance at the top of a page a few back and it shows where, how, and what the pressure readings should be.
Basically it just plugs into drain bolt (A) at the oil filter.
Maybe your bike has the same?

Last edited:
Yamaha's have a small bolt up by the head (both my wr and old ass wr have it) that you remove to check for oil flow after changing the oil, I believe its like a 6mm bolt, not sure thread pitch, but I bet you could use it as a test port with a mechanical gauge if you really wanted to, although no spec is given, its just a matter of you should have oil there within a few moments of starting it. These bikes don't require a lot of oil pressure, just an out of my ass estimate probably less than 15psi.