Dirt Bike Maintenance Stand

I need a new stand. My current one sucks.
http://www.flyracing.com/moto/hard-parts/bike-stands/lift-stand

I'm looking for a stable, get both wheels off the ground at the same time, has wheels so I can move my bike from shed to garage, if needed. Prefer a lift stand vs. I lift the bike on stand :)

Any suggestions?

s600_2113a27ba0f95a12068649c0d605c287.jpg
I have this, looks very similar to what you have, no issues. Why does it need to have wheels, why not just let it down then move it, like the rest of us?

Why does it need to have wheels, why not just let it down then move it, like the rest of us?

Because what if my wheels are removed to install new tires, bearings, or have suspension serviced. Its handy to be able to put the bike back in the shed so as to park cars in the garage. :thumb:

I have a lift similar to one of these. You can roll it, but you need a lot of space and a nice flat surface. Maybe put some larger wheels on it or something. I can move mine around the garage, but going outside just doesn't work.

image_14601.jpg

I have a lift similar to one of these. You can roll it, but you need a lot of space and a nice flat surface. Maybe put some larger wheels on it or something. I can move mine around the garage, but going outside just doesn't work.

image_14601.jpg

I have one just like this one, Harbor Freight sells them for about $50 or so, or try craigslist. I see poeple sell them all the time but it will need to be very smooth serface before you can move it like what you are talking about.

I have one just like this one, Harbor Freight sells them for about $50 or so, or try craigslist. I see poeple sell them all the time but it will need to be very smooth serface before you can move it like what you are talking about.

I believe the one my uncle has doesn't move when there is weight on it... I think the castors are like spring loaded.. And when weight applied it sits on the frame of the stand.

"If you cant lift your bike on the stand, you shouldn't be riding motocross at all." :P If you really want wheels that can move it around, you will need big casters. Throw some Super Swampers on there. :smirk:

I believe the one my uncle has doesn't move when there is weight on it... I think the castors are like spring loaded.. And when weight applied it sits on the frame of the stand.

Humm, don't know maybe some do that, but not mine. It has twist knobs right in front of the rear wheels(see pic above) that you can turn to keep it from rolling but as long as they are not turned all the way in and on the ground it will roll.