Other dirt bike dies when put in gear?

i stopped the oil leak it easy job but after removing the valve cover i found a broken rocker arm. its an intake rocker arm the bike still runs fine surprisingly but why are these arms so weak?? i do have some rusted valve springs maybe thats causing more strain on the rock arms who knows. it was a used valve cover maybe it was at the point where it was ready to fall apart. any ideas or places where i can get a replacement rocker arm you know of??

i stopped the oil leak it easy job but after removing the valve cover i found a broken rocker arm. its an intake rocker arm the bike still runs fine surprisingly but why are these arms so weak?? i do have some rusted valve springs maybe thats causing more strain on the rock arms who knows. it was a used valve cover maybe it was at the point where it was ready to fall apart. any ideas or places where i can get a replacement rocker arm you know of??
That pic is pretty hard to view. Quite small and far away for me. I think you might get a better response here with better photos. Just throwing that out there.
I'm confident every one of the main gurus here could have your bike running in short order, but it's difficult to tell exactly whats going on with your bike. Please add more photos, close, farther away, farthest away, so we can see the whole scenario.

i know you like alot of pictures but you dont need any i can view that picture just fine and if you cant all you have to do is zoom in on it...ill check tomorrow to see if it skipped timing, it was low on oil from the oil leak however the top end probably got to hot even tho i wasnt riding it long at all. everything aside i would have to say that honda is plain stupid for not making these arms much thicker and stronger. alot of 79 and 80 XR's break rocker arms easily. would the rockers from a newer XR work like 1990's? its pretty hard to find replacement parts for this heap

orange bike? i think rocker arms from 78 to early 80s will fit a 1979 xr 250. some crazy prices people are asking for them. one guy on ebay wants $130 for an intake rocker arm wow i bought my valve cover with both rocker arms included for $110. the bike was run low on oil tho so thats probably the reason it failed. i had a major oil leak and the 3rd time when i was testing the idle no more oil was leaking out so i imagine that rocker arm got to hot and it broke. other than user error i cant knock it i will give it one more shot and get a new rocker if it breaks another one than ill be done with this bike.

i checked out the timing thats ok it didnt skip timing at all. the chain is still tight enough but its starting to get loose. how does the timing chain tensioner work on this? i loosen the 2 bolts a little and pushing the tensioner down it doesnt seem to do anything?