Dirt bike carrier

I wish I had a picture of my cz stuck inside my 1969 vw bug. all you had to do was to take the wheels off, and take the passenger seat and backseat out of the car. the door comes off pretty easily too. it was easier to feed it in backwards than front words, and best to put the wheels in and all your gear first.

I'd try one in the front, and one in the back, before I would hang two out back.

A friend of mine used to put his triumph cub, then later the 250cc followup to it on the front of his very tall pickup. just those loop racks that were popular in the 60's for smaller trail bikes. big guy. he could put either one up there with a single lift if any doubters were watching.

I hate to tell this, but when I first started riding MX I had an AMC Gremlin ( very small 2door hatch back auto) and I would hang my CR125 on the bumper carrier loops and place my son's MR 50 in the back along with tools, gas can, riding gear and spare parts and that is how we went racing for a couple of years. We would drive several hundred mile just to get to a race in this configuration. Those were the days!

Paw Paw

I hate to tell this, but when I first started riding MX I had an AMC Gremlin ( very small 2door hatch back auto) and I would hang my CR125 on the bumper carrier loops and place my son's MR 50 in the back along with tools, gas can, riding gear and spare parts and that is how we went racing for a couple of years. We would drive several hundred mile just to get to a race in this configuration. Those were the days!

Paw Paw

Racing was easier then. No 100k motor homes.
My dad had a ranchero that I would load up myself (because I wanted to race, not him) including my cardboard box of tools and parts. I also packed the cooler so he could have plenty of beer. He made the sandwiches tho.

one of the first races I went to was with a shop owner who would later sponsor me. my friend and i sat between two bikes in the back of a 1961 ranchero from grover city calif out to la panza for a new years day "feed" and race. A man from Paso Robles named Joe Brown was what I would have called the best racer I have ever been on a course with up until then, pretty much ran away with everything. (Joe didnt race again until after marine basic which he was leaving for as they loaded his bike as I recall). Anyway, McCall and I sat in the back, temps were about 35 over the cuesta grade and we were stiff as boards when we got there. Amazing thing was I couldnt wait to do it again. jan 1 1967.