Dirt bike carrier

ok so just wondering if anyone has used any carriers. I looked into a 2 dirt bike carriers but I want a good one - will be towing two yz250f I heard some bend so any insight is appreciated thanks

To put that much dead tongue weight at that distance from the rear springs, you will need some suspension work done. Most pick up trucks can handle one bike on a carrier with only minor issues, but with a duel carrier there will be big issues.
I use a carrier I hand built that includes a bike shoe on a F150 and I and I use air assisted suspension to make it right.
Remember that your rated tongue weigth on the auto is rated at the ball and the bikes will be at least 3 feet behind the ball and the increased leverage will act to increase the weight factor and thus reduce the rating. YOU WILL BE WAY OVER THAT LIMIT!

Paw Paw

Last edited:
Good primer on tow hitches PawPaw. That same leverage makes for some really interesting cornering situations and if some spirited braking is tossed in, you go from interesting to SPELL BINDING in a blink. I have used racks, and a trailer fits the bill way better for me as well as being a lot easier to load. (2cents worth.)

I got the amc 600 2 And I'm going to do a little strengthen and my Durango has auto levelling and sway control so I'll see how it feels when up and on