Dirt Bike Acronyms

James

Staff member
Figured it would be nice to have a page that shows Dirt Bike Acronyms.

2S or 2T - 2 Stroke
4S or 4T - 4 Stroke
ACV = Air Cut-off Valve
ADV = Adventure Bike
AIS - Air Injection System
AS = Air Screw
AP = Accelerator Pump
BB - Big Bore
BDC = Bottom Dead Center
CC - Cubic Centimeters
CDI = Capacitor-Discharge Ignition
CV = Constant-Velocity
DBA - Dirt Bike Addicts
DOHC = Double Overhead Cam
EFI - Electronic fuel injection
FI - Fuel Injected
FS = Fuel Screw
FWW - Fly Wheel Weight
LJ = Leak Jet
MJ = Main Jet
PJ = Pilot Jet
PS = Pilot Screw
SA - Spark Arrestor
SFF - Separate Function Fork
SOHC = Single Overhead Cam
TDC = Top Dead Center
WR - Wide Ratio

:lol: I feel ya, soon very soon :ride:

So I'm guessing that you're still not riding?

Not yet, hoping to graduate from the carpet rides on the stationary bike soon, lol. Maybe around TDay, would like some seat time beforehand. Having another MRI this week, so we'll see. How are you coming along?

James

Staff member
Not yet, hoping to graduate from the carpet rides on the stationary bike soon, lol. Maybe around TDay, would like some seat time beforehand. Having another MRI this week, so we'll see. How are you coming along?
You're going to be at the DBA ride right? I've been on the elliptical machine for a couple weeks now, trying to get back into shape.:cry: Last time I saw the doc he said I shouldn't try to lift more then 10 lbs, but that I should be good sometime in October. :ride: I see him again on Oct. 4th.

You're going to be at the DBA ride right? I've been on the elliptical machine for a couple weeks now, trying to get back into shape.:cry: Last time I saw the doc he said I shouldn't try to lift more then 10 lbs, but that I should be good sometime in October. :ride: I see him again on Oct. 4th.

10lbs?? That's basically a GOM = gallon of milk! :lol: ... poor you!! Yes, 90% sure going, hoping for some seat time beforehand. :thumb:

James

Staff member
10lbs?? That's basically a GOM = gallon of milk! :lol: ... poor you!! Yes, 90% sure going, hoping for some seat time beforehand. :thumb:
:lol: Hey I was on the pink weights (2 lbs) for awhile. To be fair he did say that I could do a lot more then that but we're just playing it safe. I think the reason why not is because, when I first saw him, I had said somethings, jokingly of course, but he thought I was serious. :rolleyes:

:lol: Hey I was on the pink weights (2 lbs) for awhile. To be fair he did say that I could do a lot more then that but we're just playing it safe. I think the reason why not is because, when I first saw him, I had said somethings, jokingly of course, but he thought I was serious. :rolleyes:

Did you tell him pink matches your gear?? :smirk: :thumb:

I just moved to 5 lb ankle weights, for quad stim... so, feel good about your 10, lol. I'm only pressing 135, started at 40:cry:... PTS = physical theraphy sucks!!