Direct TV or Dish Network - What to do?

What service do you recommend?

• Total voters
James and I bang heads here :lol: He likes Direct Tv and I like Dish Network. They are pretty much the same, but each have their advantages. Dish has the Sirius Radio, Direct has the football channels and the extra sport channels. They both have dvr, and both have high definition. So it's pretty much up to how much you want to pay. I have had both, but I prefer Dish because I think it is more user friendly and more organized. I would just do some research on prices if I were you :thumb:

Depends on what is important to you. Dish is cheaper, but only Direct TV has the football watch any game subscription. I think it's called "Sunday Ticket."

Does Direct have the MAVTv for the offroad races? Dish does.

Depends on what is important to you. Dish is cheaper, but only Direct TV has the football watch any game subscription. I think it's called "Sunday Ticket."

Does Direct have the MAVTv for the offroad races? Dish does.

It does not appear the Direct has MAVtv.

After doing a little web surfing this MAVtv thing now falls into the decision making process.

so does direct TV offer it ? im on cox and here in SD they dont offer it yet the Cox in las vegas does... i hate them.

my decision was made the other night... i was watching the baja 1000 thing on discovery HD and right in the middle the channel freezes and goes black... so i try one of my other channels...BLACK... a couple random cable channels worked but nothing else... ALL NIGHT. this type of thing is common occurance for me. IM DONE... as soon as my billing cycle comes close to the end im canceling my Cox service and getting Direct TV.

everyone i know says Direct TV is a little expensive but the service is great. Here in San Diego we dont get much bad weather so thats not a issue for me.

James

Staff member
Yup I'm a Direct TV fan and heck I even used to sell Dish at one time. :smirk: The biggest thing I like about it is the ability to watch it on my PC (Directv2PC) while I chat with you guys. :P I'm STILL working on the X Games. :bonk:

Compare Direct & Dish
I thought dish had some hd for life promo now. I have had both both are good
Direct TV does.
Here in San Diego we dont get much bad weather so thats not a issue for me.
Here in Indiana we have rain/snow storms all the time and it has to be raining/snowing like :crazy: for it to go out for a bit. It only happens a couple times a year and then for only a couple minutes.

Directv ( and most likely Dish) are hurting for customers, lots of people cancelling due to the economy. You can almost name your own price.
If you are a Directv customer, this is what you do -

"Hi, this is Directv, how can I help you?
I want to cancel my subscription.
OK sir, can I ask why?
Got a flyer from Dish, I can get the same service for 20 bucks a month less.
One moment please. (they transfer you to the retention department)
Hello sir, I understand you want to cancel, is there anything we can do to keep you as a customer? How about if we take 20 dollars a month off your bill?
Well, I don't know............
And we will throw in the movie channel package for 6 months no charge.
That sounds good, ok, I will stay"

I did this when I got a notice that they wanted to raise my bill 15 bucks a month, no price increase, ended up paying 20 bucks a month less and free movie channels.

James

Staff member
Directv ( and most likely Dish) are hurting for customers, lots of people cancelling due to the economy. You can almost name your own price.
If you are a Directv customer, this is what you do -

"Hi, this is Directv, how can I help you?
I want to cancel my subscription.
OK sir, can I ask why?
Got a flyer from Dish, I can get the same service for 20 bucks a month less.
One moment please. (they transfer you to the retention department)
Hello sir, I understand you want to cancel, is there anything we can do to keep you as a customer? How about if we take 20 dollars a month off your bill?
Well, I don't know............
And we will throw in the movie channel package for 6 months no charge.
That sounds good, ok, I will stay"

I did this when I got a notice that they wanted to raise my bill 15 bucks a month, no price increase, ended up paying 20 bucks a month less and free movie channels.
:lol: I've been thinking about trying this.

James

Staff member
James quoting a Directv site about cpomparing Dish to Directv is like asking you to compare TT and DBA.
:lol: Damn you!! You caught me and my laziness.:smirk: I did a google search for Direct vs Dish and that was the first one I clicked.