Devil's Hole restoration party Ride Report

Well after looking further in the West section I have determined this area to be what Jeepers call the Dishpan Trail. I was up there 2 weeks or so ago in my Jeep and I would rather drive my Jeep on this section than my bike. :devil:

Dishpan and Devils hole are two different places. However getting your bike through dishpan isn't as bad as it looks. Nevertheless Devils hole is further downstream from dishpan (at the bridge). It is all easy fire road getting there until the last (very short) section before you reach the end. If you have not ran 2w01 yet, give it a shot! its a great trail!

Devils Hole: 34.301258,-117.128593

Looks like you guys got some work done out there! I hope to make it up there soon to take a look at it. Creek looks like it has dropped a lot of water, still needs to drop another foot though it looks like.

Gotcha. I believe what I meant to say was the entire trail that goes from the bridge to the waterfall and on up to the top. I was not aware that the bridge section was called Devils Hole. I have wheeled that trail both directions a couple of times and the last time up there I watched riders beat their bikes trying to go up the waterfall just to turn around and go back down. :thinking:

Dan, I just want to say thank you for your initiative and putting this thing together. It is only through the efforts of individual riders establishing trail stewardship, do we even have any trails left. It is especially nice to hear from you desert guys are going up into the mountains and clearing/maintaining trail. Up here in the Sierra's you just don't ride until about 4 to 6 good weekends of clearing trail and repairing bad spots.

Thanks again, you rock! I sooo would have been there if I lived closer.

Not to take anything away from BIG D because he is RIDERS' DBA Ambassador and has put in more Adopt-a-trail hours than anyone else on our crew... it's his job to bring RIDERS fun and work events to the great guys and gals of DBA !

The Devil's Hole Restoration Party is an annual RIDERS event start to finish with 20+ guys and gals lugging logs and boulders this year ! They all deserve a round of applause for a job well done.

Want to get involved ? Ask BIG Dan how to join RIDERS & our AAT Team. We are currently working on opening NEW DIRT BIKE ONLY trails up there and will need more bodies next year... and in the years to come.