All Devils Hole Restoration Party ! Jun 11 2011

This is gonna be fun !

Devils Hole Restoration Party !

RIDERS is hosting a work party and trail ride to restore the Devils Hole area at Deep Creek Crossing at the base of our Adopt-a-trail 2W01 !

Guest workers will include past AAT members from ThumperTalk as well as many solo riding buddies from ADV Rider, KTMTalk, Dirt Bike Addicts & Cafe Husky.

We will have a refreshment station at both ends of the trail. RIDERS will work the refreshments booths, Devils Hole project and guide trail rides.

hardhat.gif

Lets get the wives and girl friends involved... bring out the teenagers... and make this fun and productive !

Guest Riders will trail ride to Devils Hole. Then work for an hour or two. Then continue on their trail ride.

This is a ONE DAY event. But for those that wanna make a weekend of it we will be camping at the AAT Private Campground in Lake Arrowhead North Shore. You do need to be on our Adopt-a-trail team PRIOR to this event to stay with us in the AAT Campground. Just RSVP in advance to make these arrangements.

Who is IN... RSVP HERE :thumb:

I have company staying at my house, my Son's 21st Birthday and a wedding that weekend:cry:otherwise I would have loved to help out and check out that area. It sounds like good fun for a good cause. I look forward to seeing that area on my dirt bike someday. Thanks for your efforts out there:clap: Maybe next year I can make it.

I toured the area yesterday with the OHV Forest Manager. We have our work load lightened in a big way due to Mother Nature and the FS OHV Volunteers... the other volunteer group in the forest.

Mother Nature: The water was so HIGH that debris is wrapped around trees up to 6 feet creating natural barriers to OHVers riding along the beach. This debris is natural... and well placed to help guide bikes away from the sensitive area. AWESOME. Thanks Mother Nature.

OHV Volunteers: They rebuilt and fortified the walking path and trail head to better guide bikes onto the trail ahead and away from the sensitive beach front where we walk to the beach along Deep Creek. This was a part of the plan and will need very little improving to top off their work. Thanks OHV Volunteer Team.

The OHV Volunteers go everywhere and do everything from trail work to visitor education to rescue assistance. They are highly involved... well respected... well trained... and do a great job in the forest in many ways !

Our Work Projects:

1) - Take a few shovels up 2W01 and look for areas where the trail shelf is nothing but a slope and restore it. Same with any possible water crossings that have torn the trail shelf away.

We are restoring single track fun... not building a freeway. Less is more when restoring this trail ! This is just to keep bikes from sliding off the mountain and water from destrying the trail. BIG Dan will be in charge of this project.

2) - Trail Head and Walking Path Fortification need just a little more work placing rocks to help visitors know which way to go. Jimbo will be in charge of this project... as well as being our Jeep Taxi service to get stuff to the HOLE.

3) - Trail to Devils Hole crossing needs some rocks and trees place as a guide to where the sandy trail really is. Mother Nature obscured this with her raging waters. Danny DOUBLE will be in charge of this project.

4) - Entrance/Exit of Devils Hole crossing on North side needs shore fortified with rocks. Raging waters peeled the rocks off the shore and sent them down stream. Adding rocks will increase the challenge slightly... and keep us out of the mud and protect the creek bottom from getting worn away.

The majority of the crossing is in great shape and does NOT need to be altered.

If you have good foot balance you can actually cross the creek on foot while staying dry to work this side of Devils Hole. BOLT will be in charge of this project.

5) - Information and Refreshment Booth at the bottom of Devils Hole will be managed by Stephanie.

This is not a lot of work. We should be able to knock it out with ease and have a great time while doing it. I hope you visitors will stop and say Hi... even though we won't need a lot of work from them. I think if everyone that rolls through the area tosses rocks for 20 minutes then grabs some refreshments we will be done in a few hours !

Thanks everyone in advance for Helping !

Jeff aka BOLT... RIDERS

PS - Please make sure to RSVP if wanting to camp with us at the Northshore Center in Arrowhead Friday or Saturday night. Space is limited and we need an accurate RV/TENT count.

I'll come back here Wednesday evening and post some more details for you guys that have not RSVPed and just wanna meet us down at the HOLE ! I am packing and moving right now so time is limited... but check in Wed night or Thurs AM for more details from me.

Here are final details for the Devils Hole Restoration Party.

If caravaning with me from the Adopt-a-trail Work Center be there no later than 8AM Saturday. Be patient as we gather everyone and head out as quickly as the cats will be herded.

I will be there Friday by 4PM for those of you camping there with me.

Others are camping at Pinnacles Staging & Camping area.

If driving directly to Devils Hole......
PLEASE STAGE AT THE TOP OF THE HILL

We will gather at the top of the hill Saturday morning where the METAL SIGN IS heading down to Devils Hole. I hope to be there no later than 9:30AM. This way we can decide what vehicles we will use to ferry up and down the 4x4 hill to Devils Hole.

If heading to the AAT Work Center use this Google Link. It shows the way from Highway 210E to the AAT Work Center.

If Camping at Pinnacles Staging Area use this Google Link from Highway 210E.

If Driving directly to Devils Hole Staging use this Google Link from Highway 210E.

BRING WORK GLOVES IF YOU HAVE THEM.

WEAR GOOD BOOTS IF YOU HAVE THEM.

BRING YOUR LUNCH.

I HAVE WATER TO KEEP YOU HYDRATED

See you in the forest !

BOLT:
I toured the area yesterday with the OHV Forest Manager. We have our work load lightened in a big way due to Mother Nature and the FS OHV Volunteers... the other volunteer group in the forest.

Mother Nature: The water was so HIGH that debris is wrapped around trees up to 6 feet creating natural barriers to OHVers riding along the beach. This debris is natural... and well placed to help guide bikes away from the sensitive area. AWESOME. Thanks Mother Nature.

OHV Volunteers: They rebuilt and fortified the walking path and trail head to better guide bikes onto the trail ahead and away from the sensitive beach front where we walk to the beach along Deep Creek. This was a part of the plan and will need very little improving to top off their work. Thanks OHV Volunteer Team.

The OHV Volunteers go everywhere and do everything from trail work to visitor education to rescue assistance. They are highly involved... well respected... well trained... and do a great job in the forest in many ways !

Our Work Projects:

1) - Take a few shovels up 2W01 and look for areas where the trail shelf is nothing but a slope and restore it. Same with any possible water crossings that have torn the trail shelf away.

We are restoring single track fun... not building a freeway. Less is more when restoring this trail ! This is just to keep bikes from sliding off the mountain and water from destroying the trail. BIG Dan will be in charge of this project.

2) - Trail Head and Walking Path Fortification need just a little more work placing rocks to help visitors know which way to go. Jimbo will be in charge of this project... as well as being our Jeep Taxi service to get stuff to the HOLE.

3) - Trail to Devils Hole crossing needs some rocks and trees place as a guide to where the sandy trail really is. Mother Nature obscured this with her raging waters. Danny DOUBLE will be in charge of this project.

4) - Entrance/Exit of Devils Hole crossing on North side needs shore fortified with rocks. Raging waters peeled the rocks off the shore and sent them down stream. Adding rocks will increase the challenge slightly... and keep us out of the mud and protect the creek bottom from getting worn away.

The majority of the crossing is in great shape and does NOT need to be altered.

If you have good foot balance you can actually cross the creek on foot while staying dry to work this side of Devils Hole. BOLT will be in charge of this project.

5) - Information and Refreshment Booth at the bottom of Devils Hole will be managed by Stephanie.

This is not a lot of work. We should be able to knock it out with ease and have a great time while doing it. I hope you visitors will stop and say Hi... even though we won't need a lot of work from them. I think if everyone that rolls through the area tosses rocks for 20 minutes then grabs some refreshments we will be done in a few hours !

Thanks everyone in advance for Helping !

Jeff aka BOLT... RIDERS

PS - Please make sure to RSVP if wanting to camp with us at the Northshore Center in Arrowhead Friday or Saturday night. Space is limited and we need an accurate RV/TENT count.