Desert Tank worth the weight?

i have a clarke tank for sale off my 98 YZ

yeah i know:smirk: just sayin. it takes up space. need it gone

i put it in the TT classifieds already. i might just put it in the shipping warehouse AKA abandoned chicken house.:smirk:

If you're just trying to clear out some space, put it in here.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/dirt-bike-related/pass/

BTW how did you find us?

140rider....

Hey James, is that refer someone get a sticker deal still going on?:smirk:

you should see these guys over on tt, they're the best of friends :prof:

i want a sticker!

I'll give you one. Where do you want me to put it?:devil:

:focus: Dumbasses :moon:

Stick with the Dez tank. You can steer with your knees better with the dez tank since it comes up higher. I find that with the dez tank on you have more control over the bike since you have more to grip when wide oh across the dez.

I raced with a stock tank on my 89' KX250 years back (yes I am dating myself now) and would carry a 33oz bottle of fuel on my hip in-case I needed it. I was not happy with the dez tanks that were out at the time. I was good for about 45 miles running at a good clip. I was running pretty decent one race and was about 3 miles out from the finish on the second loop when I caught my one of my competitors in my class in this tight sand wash. I was all over his tail trying to find a way around. I shut the door on him in a corner and took off. We popped out of the wash and all we had left was a long valley to blaze across. As I grabbed a handful and started to work the gears, the bike flamed out and came to a halt. The guy I passed cruised on by. I was out of gas. I took my bottle and dumped it in the tank and lit the bike back up and off I went. I ran out of time to reel him back in and when I pulled in the finish my pit crew (Mom, Dad and friends) were jumping up and down because I finished 2nd, 2ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:foul: The guy I passed and gave up the spot because I ran out of gas, WON!!!!!!
Well Luckily at the time, my buddy had the same year KX500 and he put on a dez tank, so I took his stock tank and mounted it on my bike. That was just the amount I needed all year and never needed to worry about running out again.

Hope that answerers your question.

CDA Out!!!!

Well if your worried about the extra weight that the increased fuel capacity adds and or the possible slosh affect (poor handling at less than full) you could fill the tank with tank foam. You only lose about 10% of the advertised fuel capacity and the foam works as a baffle and prevents fuel slosh in the larger tanks. So say you went with a 3.6 gal tank your in reality getting 3.2 gallons. Now imagine my pain. The only desert tank I can get for my year make model tank is a 4.7 gallon. But with the tank foam its will be more like 4.4 gallons. Now consider this, fuel only weighs 6.8 lbs. So are you really going to notice the additional 7-14 lbs depending on the size of your stock tank? Probably not. So I say go with the larger fuel tank and enjoy the extended range and ride time.:prof: