Desert Tank worth the weight?

Ok, heres a question that someone like CDA might be able to answer
I have an 01 wr250f and I'm really into long distance desert races, my average lap distance is 25-30 miles and I do 2-3 of them per race. I have both a 3.4 gallon oversized natural tank which I can do entire events on without stopping, and the tank off a yz250f as I do some moto inbetween and for the time being it works decently enough for me.
The last race I ran I took 4th and pulled the holeshot with the desert tank on so I'd like to think my current set up is working for me. However, with the yzf tank on, I really like the way the bike rides and corners.
My question, is in your opinion the weight I lose worth the time I lose refueling every lap?

Honestly, there will be people who say to run the big tank and others will say run the moto tank. there are some good and bad about both tanks. Good things about the desert tank.....Don't need to fuel up as often, which means less pit stops. The bad, (I am not sure if you can feel a power difference) but extra weight kinda sucks and it can hinder handling sometime. If it was my bike, I would run the big tank. Since your on a 250, the bike is already fairly light. You can look at it how ever you want. There are a thousand different ways you can look at it.

I'd go with the bigger tank, it's better to be safe than sorry. If your like me, it'll go something like this- "I'll run the small tank to save weight" "Oh I just filled up, I can wait" "hummm I have at least one more lap in" "Ok mabey 2, I can't afford a pit stop" "God dammit, now I gotta push this thing all the way back to get gas, FML"

I'd stick with the desert tank also. On the MX track I would only put in just the amount needed.
thats what i did with my clark tank on a 525sx. ran out of gas on the track a couple times cause i just never had to really think about gas :P