All Death Valley

Thats one of those rocks that move across the lake bed. Mooney thought if he watched it long enough it would move but he got tired and took a picture of it.:smirk:

Thanks Edge.

Yep, fish that have adapted to hot water. What a trip.

That makes me laugh...a little off topic so I'll keep it brif. I have a fountain in my backyard, I drained it so I could clean it and add fresh water. I also have a gold fish living in it so I have to remove it first. This was in the middle of the summer 2 years ago...I filled up a bucket straight from the hose (didn't think to let it cool off first)...caught NEMO and dropped him in the bucket. set the bucket aside and proceeded to clean the foundtain. After I filled it up I reached for the bucket and saw NEMO was floating upside down...dang I boiled him! I dropped him in just to see IF he'd come back...he did! I think he was sun bathing is all!

:focus: .....:P

Check out the "trail" left by the rock. Apparently when it freezes the moisture will cause some of the rocks to travel, hence the name "Racetrack"

OR...maybe it had rained just enough to make it float but still drag the top of the dirt leavign a track......:noidea:......:smirk:.....HEY, could happen! :prof:

Made it back yesterday afternoon. GREAT time. The weather in DV was great. No wind, temps were perfect. Went to all the cool places, Scotty's Castle, Tea kettle Junction, the Racetrack, Chloride Cliffs, Ubehebe Crater, actually went over Lippicot (terrible descent), pass, bunch of places I can't remember, very cool.
On the way home started picking up heavy wind around Panamint Springs, started raining the other side of Tehachapi until about 15 miles from home, 140-150 miles or so. Stopped twice because it was so heavy I couldn't see 100yds.View attachment 1129View attachment 1125 View attachment 1126View attachment 1127View attachment 1130View attachment 1128

I stopped in Panamint springs there.... that little store/bar I had a beer and got talking to the woman who owned the place. Turns out She's from about 40 miles from me here in NJ :blah::blah:
They have that huge redwood bartop that I thought was really cool too.

I stopped in Panamint springs there.... that little store/bar I had a beer and got talking to the woman who owned the place. Turns out She's from about 40 miles from me here in NJ :blah::blah:
They have that huge redwood bartop that I thought was really cool too.
True that. The gal that was running the gas station was from Wisconsin. Couldn't figure out how she could live there year round, there can't be 10 people that live in that "town".

True that. The gal that was running the gas station was from Wisconsin. Couldn't figure out how she could live there year round, there can't be 10 people that live in that "town".

I thought it was awesome. When I was there ..05', they only had a card swipe at the pumps... no one was around at all. so I had a beer and chatted it a bit. love the fact that there was a trailer park and that was the town! :lol: