Day In The Dez

Heading to Black Canyon to look for petroglyphs, bit of a problem, still some water on the dry lake
HL-1.jpg

Black Hills ahead
HL-2.jpg

HL-3.jpg

Black Canyon
HL-4.jpg

Canyon walls, spend a few minutes looking and the rock carvings can be found. They can be up to ten thousand years old
HL-5.jpg

HL-6.jpg

HL-7.jpg

Well, not thousands of years old, but 1947 is a while back. This place was well off the beaten path back then, wonder if he was on horseback or a surplus WW2 Jeep...
HL-8.jpg

On the way back, stopped at the bird sanctuary, a little oasis in the middle of the desert
HL-9.jpg

HL-10.jpg

Back at the truck to rest and have a sandwich, when I had a visitor
HL-11.jpg

Pretty bold, instead of coiling up, slithers towards me
HL-12.jpg

I have seen more rattlers in the past two trips than all of last year. Later, chatted with a Cal City P.O. who said the same thing, he was amazed at the number of Mojave's out this year.

Having some fun in the hills
HL-13.jpg

HL-14.jpg

The abandoned quarry
HL-15.jpg

HL-16.jpg

Back out on the lake, stopped in the middle, to take in the view. No wind, no one else out there, no noise at all
HL-17.jpg

Over to Cal City, down a steep hill, the flowers hiding the rocks, almost taking a dirt nap, but hey, it looks pretty.
HL-19.jpg

Couple of areas still blooming, probably all brown in a couple more weeks.
HL-21.jpg

Great weather, hope it holds for everyone going out Easter week.

Beautiful pictures of the desert. I hope it stays this way for a few more days. Not familiar with CC area as we always are east of the spot but is this close to CC because if it is I need to explore west this next weekend.

A Solo Rollo huh? Looks beautiful!! Hope I can get out there before all the bloomage is over. Im missing the desert right about now:cry:

Thanks for sharing your fun.

Back at the truck to rest and have a sandwich, when I had a visitor
HL-11.jpg

Pretty bold, instead of coiling up, slithers towards me
HL-12.jpg

I have seen more rattlers in the past two trips than all of last year. Later, chatted with a Cal City P.O. who said the same thing, he was amazed at the number of Mojave's out this year.

Having some fun in the hills
HL-13.jpg

HL-14.jpg

The abandoned quarry
HL-15.jpg

HL-16.jpg

Back out on the lake, stopped in the middle, to take in the view. No wind, no one else out there, no noise at all
HL-17.jpg

Over to Cal City, down a steep hill, the flowers hiding the rocks, almost taking a dirt nap, but hey, it looks pretty.
HL-19.jpg

Couple of areas still blooming, probably all brown in a couple more weeks.
HL-21.jpg

Great weather, hope it holds for everyone going out Easter week.

So, did you introduce yourself?.
I wish I was out there with you. This is the best time of year for desert riding. It's looking more and more like I'm done for the rest of the season. :cry:

great stuff....I too am not the biggest fan of THOSE types of visitors...:shocked:. because of "THEM" I have a love/hate :hug::foul:feeling towards the desert this time of year...as long as we're rolling NO PROBLEMO...it's whe nwe stop to take in the beauty is when I begin to worry. Mostly about those who don't pay attention! :rant:

It is odd but I have never come across a snake while out in the desert riding, except for the one time 40 years ago when I rode right over a rattler who was stretched across a dirt road sunning himself. :shocked: Maybe I am just one of the dummies who doesn't pay attention. :naughty:

great stuff....I too am not the biggest fan of THOSE types of visitors...:shocked:. because of "THEM" I have a love/hate :hug::foul:feeling towards the desert this time of year...as long as we're rolling NO PROBLEMO...it's whe nwe stop to take in the beauty is when I begin to worry. Mostly about those who don't pay attention! :rant: