Injured dam hot start lever

browns amp, tillamook st forest oregon

just got back, thefirst day I got into technical difficulties and hit a tree head on. bike is ok. broke my right arm arm and really banged up but saved my neck tho I did hit my head. i rode my bike back to camp on the road. didn't cry ha. sure glad all the effort into working out, i used every bit to the max to save my head, ya scary. left a mark on the tree i'll tell the whole story when i get the cast on tuesday and can use more fingers.

my bike is fine, yay for wr!!! my left hand/wrist is sprained, left knee prained/big lump brusie, rigth ankle wonky, knocked my bottom teeth all sore one tooth bent but impushimn it bak, chiiped tooth, my sacro iliac/pelvis feels like my legs were ripped off(WORST pain! the vicodin does nothing, its gettng better), the rest of me is sore, except for my neck ha

thank you jesus, really!

it was freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!! i was doing so good no it wasnt whiskey throttle neither

we told the doc i fell out of the trailer, and just showed the broke arm

no pix but it really did happen, hit a 20" d fir thx jesus 4 compression nrebound

allso thank u jesus hubby did not see it happen9dont tell him that)

dammit.... glad you didnt hurt the neck. best wishes to a speedy recovery for the broken arm tho. now both you and james can :cripple: around.

James

Staff member
:shocked: Oh damn, did i read that right? You crashed and broke your arm, along with a lot of bruises, but you'll live?

Maybe when the pills wear off a little ,we can get the full story. :thumb:

Hang in there and I said a prayer for you :ride: (:noidea: Hope it helps)

Edit: BTW what does the "dam hot start lever" have to do with this? :lol:

thanks! :ride:
--hot stsrt
I was in some whoops and got jounced and went to grab cluth lever ffirmer(clutch has to b pulled all the way in, has a little play), the hot start is right on top of my clutch lever so i grabbed both, didnt know it--bike starts surging and i pull clutch in, throttle off feather front brake etcs snd try to aim between trees into bushes, didnt make it. i didnt want to look down for the kill switch ha. so pepole said hitting the hot start while on the run is like turbo boost, yes, i didnt know it would do this--what do you think? i figured it out when riding bacvk with my stiff left fingers grabbed hs again and did the same thing, jump surge--experiment results repeated

oh well now i know and want to move the hot start somewhere else

sorry for spelling, james is a better typer:lol:

ps i pulled clutch all in because of surging--otherwise compression braking works great and i use that, but didn't know if throttle wasscrewed up or something? i tried my best im a girl after all haha hey im alive!!! to ride another day!

what do you think about the hot start?

Damn Celeste! There you go.....all that training, I guess it paid off but too bad you didnt have more time riding before this. Now you need me to decorate your cast! So sorry this happened. I know you wait all year long for your summer riding trip. Shucks:pout: Feel better Friend!

Dang..............:wow:......You sure you weren't rolling down hill, of the trail, out of control when that tree jumped out to stop you're fall?

Get well soon.............

thanks! :ride:
--hot stsrt
I was in some whoops and got jounced and went to grab cluth lever ffirmer(clutch has to b pulled all the way in, has a little play), the hot start is right on top of my clutch lever so i grabbed both, didnt know it--bike starts surging and i pull clutch in, throttle off feather front brake etcs snd try to aim between trees into bushes, didnt make it. i didnt want to look down for the kill switch ha. so pepole said hitting the hot start while on the run is like turbo boost, yes, i didnt know it would do this--what do you think? i figured it out when riding bacvk with my stiff left fingers grabbed hs again and did the same thing, jump surge--experiment results repeated

oh well now i know and want to move the hot start somewhere else

sorry for spelling, james is a better typer:lol:

Hot Start???? :noidea: I'll be sure to avoid it at all times "if I have one"!!!!

14cv1va.jpg

We went to browns camp, woods riding. We met up with a childhood friend of mine and her fam rides, two girls 17 and 15—they do a lot of enduros in WA and are fast, ride a ktm 200 and yz125. First ride out I was getting used to new tires—never got to really enjoy that before, very cool! Myson 19 has a 3 week old fractured collRBONE, nothing bad, so we made him take it easy—no showing off for the girls haha. I had fun getting used to the sticking instead of sliding on new tires, fun!

We got back for some lunch, the girls snorted at my heavy pig wr—however do you pck it up???? Two strokes are better funner yaya. How do you throw that heavy pig around the woods…

So we went back out again and game on! I was right on their tails—mom on a pig following four teenagers (and two dads), keeping up on the piggy wr. So at 30 woods miles for the day I hit a section of whoops, got bounced grabbed more secure on clutch(my clutch is going) and did not know I also grabbed the hot start lever which is on top of my clutch. Bike started jumping/surging, and I undo throttle, pull in clutch, feather front, scootch to back, try to hold sdtraight in uneven whoops, and there is a tree straight ahead in the curve, tried to go to the left into nice soft bushes…yes iwas looking there but just coulndt get around the tree in front…so I knew was going to hit the fir (20” dia) and conscious mind was thinking im going to wind up a vegetable, subconcious animal mind makes arms shoulders assume attack position, butt down n back to lighten front end, legs clamp hard, head down like billy goat so no neck lash from visor/chin, plow into tree to pogo back off, front wheel suspension took the solid straight hit, no endo!!! And pogoed back. Arms and legs held solid and just bumped head, hard enough to whack my teeth together—funny I had my front teeth in back of my bottom teeth like a grrrrrr or something. Bike just bounced backwards and up into bush.

Got on my knees and thanked Jesus for another day to ride:0) could feel my right wrist was broke by the pain, but no crunching or whacky bones—good! Could move all my fingers ok—good! Got out a bandana and wrapped my wrist right away, tightened glove strap, shoved a stick into the bandana for splint. Left hand sprainy but good to use—picked up my piggy wr with ONE hand and got it back on the trail, checked it out, seemed ok.

Waited 25 minutes for companions to come back for me, got out map to see how far road was, just a 100 feet up trail—UP a nice big patch of baby heads. They came back and I thought I could ride my bike back on the road, so hub rode it up there, and I could do it. My sprained fingers were a little numb and grabbed hot start again when I was going in 1st and surged again so that’s how I figured it out and that made me feel a lot better for riding the four miles back—no stuck throttle to worry with broke arm!!! My back really hurt with every pot hole. Got back, almost had to run over a mtber who was crossing the road, playing chicken with me(I have the freakin right of way you &*, it really hurt to stop and start again).

Got back, got the wrist splint and sling out of first aid kit—haha prepared!!! Racer girls went straight to bed, I still hobbled around the campfire. Went to doc the next day, got a splint n xrays, and mostly hoping for painkiller for butt/lower back which was WAYWORST. The vicodin barely touched it, but maDE Me able to walk around by myself. Thank god I’d brought a loose pair of swim shorts so no on had to take me to the batheroom!!!!!

Well, obviously I was stupid about the hot start, but now I know. That second ride was so awesome, I was fastest ever been, swooping just right, running downhill, braking into corners---my bike was flying by itself. Racer girls couldn’t shake me :0)

Hubby thinks I hit the tree slow, he always says I’m slow. My bike was in 4th, and my arm fracture and moreso my tailbone breaking(or else it’s horrifically bruised, the bruise is NASTY!) from my legs holding onto the bike and my upper body shooting forward should tell you I was going fast and hit HARD—if I didn’t hold on tight my neck would def be broken. Very scary to think about it. Looking back I think it was the best outcome, I could have grazed the tree and ripped off a radiator and demolished my knee. Could have endoed in the rocks and compound fractured something. I’m not laughing, for sure.

I admired my scrape on the tree and made sure my boys saw it. I picked up a rock to take home for trophy I lived. My bike is so freakin awesome too! Funny thing is no pinch flat—13# pressure, me n hub argue, he likes 20#+.

After all that just want to make VERY clear that my strength training and bike skills practice!@#$% SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! I am a freakin evangelist now!!!! There is no excuse!!!!!!!!!!!

I will also be moving my hot start!!!!

Sorry no butt pix