Other Crf70 hard to shift

Well the good news is, with the crankcase cover off, the bike clicks through the gears just fine. So think as long as I get the cover put back on correctly with all the little clutch bits lined up, we should be good to go.

I haven't put it back together yet because now I'm trying to get the shift shaft bearing out of the crankcase. It looked worn and I figured while I'm doing all this I might as well replace it. Little did I know, getting a bearing out of crankcase with only one side exposed is a PITA! Going to try heating it with boiling water tomorrow and see if I can yank what's left of the bearing out of there...since I've all but destroyed it trying to remove it...

...serenity now....serenity now...

Ahh cool, I didn't realize you could rent them. I didn't know if a puller would work even since there isn't really room behind the bearing to grab. If my boiling water/pliers/rage doesn't work, a trip to autozone will be in order!

Ahh cool, I didn't realize you could rent them. I didn't know if a puller would work even since there isn't really room behind the bearing to grab. If my boiling water/pliers/rage doesn't work, a trip to autozone will be in order!
I prefer rage, yell at it till it falls out.....besides if you heat in boiling water, everything expands, the bearing and case.

I prefer rage, yell at it till it falls out.....besides if you heat in boiling water, everything expands, the bearing and case.
Yeah that's what I thought too! But I've read (on the all knowing internet!) that the case expands faster than the bearing because they are made of different metals. I figured what the hell I'll try it since it's only water...

Conversely, I guess freezing the bearing for a half hour or so supposedly helps it slip into place...let's hope I eventually get to try that step...

Yeah that's what I thought too! But I've read (on the all knowing internet!) that the case expands faster than the bearing because they are made of different metals. I figured what the hell I'll try it since it's only water...

Conversely, I guess freezing the bearing for a half hour or so supposedly helps it slip into place...let's hope I eventually get to try that step...
I have baked the case at 350 degrees in oven, freeze the bearing,then it pretty much drops in.and as for the hot water deal, the aluminum heats up quicker than steel bearings,but the aluminum dissipates heat quicker also, so if you try that, you need to be quick, otherwise you lose your advantage pretty quickly,good luck.