Other CRF450R OIL SUGGESTIONS PLZ

I guess I have never been bike specific once I got past 2 stroke oil, and usually that was due to availibility. I have great luck with any of the 15-40 diesel oils. atf of any kind worked great for me in MOST of the transmissions I have used it in. In the case of transmissions (the CRF's being one of the later bikes to have seprate oils for the engine and transmission) find one that shifts the way you like and hooks up the way your clutch likes. Most any of them will handle the lubrication/cooling/cleaning chores.

My personal choice for four stroke engine oils is the Chevron Dello 15-40. The conventional one, as opposed to the semi synthetics. The process they use is similar to ones that are termed "synthetic". It flows better in cold being my main reason for choosing it, which has little bearing on my motorcycles. I keep it around in quanity for my larger cummins diesels, so for years and years it is being run in tt's, xr's, crfs and some of my street bikes.

ones to avoid are any of them with an energy conserving label, as SOME of those seem to cause clutch slippage.

BTW, when I did try amsoil it worked just fine. It is over priced, and in spite of what they say, they really didnt come up with anything new.

engines usually don't fail because of the oil used.

I never have found an engine that failed due to oil unless it was totally misspecified. Very few fail due to running it too long either. But you get the guy that claims he changed to xyz and it blew up in 4 seconds to 4 months and it is due to the oil. I used to get to see lots of oil analysis when that was claimed.

All that said, before a piston actually seizes (or a bearing does) the oil goes through failure, so you get all kinds of claims when users dont understand that statement.

I never have found an engine that failed due to oil unless it was totally misspecified. Very few fail due to running it too long either. But you get the guy that claims he changed to xyz and it blew up in 4 seconds to 4 months and it is due to the oil. I used to get to see lots of oil analysis when that was claimed.

All that said, before a piston actually seizes (or a bearing does) the oil goes through failure, so you get all kinds of claims when users dont understand that statement.
oh come on, you already know that if you don't change it every 3,000 miles on your daily driver it will be sludged and low compression by the time you hit 50,000, sooner if you use pennzoil.

I had a neighbor with a saturn we nick named puff the magic wagon, it burned so bad he quit changing the oil, still ran like a champ when he sold it 50,000 miles later

They have made "big" on marketing that.
Thx
I guess I have never been bike specific once I got past 2 stroke oil, and usually that was due to availibility. I have great luck with any of the 15-40 diesel oils. atf of any kind worked great for me in MOST of the transmissions I have used it in. In the case of transmissions (the CRF's being one of the later bikes to have seprate oils for the engine and transmission) find one that shifts the way you like and hooks up the way your clutch likes. Most any of them will handle the lubrication/cooling/cleaning chores.

My personal choice for four stroke engine oils is the Chevron Dello 15-40. The conventional one, as opposed to the semi synthetics. The process they use is similar to ones that are termed "synthetic". It flows better in cold being my main reason for choosing it, which has little bearing on my motorcycles. I keep it around in quanity for my larger cummins diesels, so for years and years it is being run in tt's, xr's, crfs and some of my street bikes.

ones to avoid are any of them with an energy conserving label, as SOME of those seem to cause clutch slippage.

BTW, when I did try amsoil it worked just fine. It is over priced, and in spite of what they say, they really didnt come up with anything new.

I'm a little bit of a maintenance freak so I won't even attempt long runs without oil changes
I'm a lot the same way. I know I could run an off the shelf synthetic in my personals for about 10k easy, but I stick to every 5k with a conventional, in your crf every 5-10 is a good guideline to follow imo